The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > New Kirk way hotter than old Kirk?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSalon View Post
Oh, and to all the 'I'm a guy' people! Yeah, it must be hard not to know what good looking is. How do you know when you look good?I feel bad for your girlfriends. And a bit of advice, just becasue you can see beauty in someone else doesn't mean you want to have sex with them. I find a multitude of woman immeasurably beautiful, but that doesn't mean I want to bed them. But then again, I am comfortable in who I am. You should try it, your women will love you more.

Actually to be honest I don't say anyone is good looking or not.. men or women... they are just human beings to me.

I simply said the I'm a guy thing so I wouldn't have to say "I never think anyone is good looking or not." Cause I catch more hell for saying that than the I'm a guy thing.

"Is there in truth no beauty?"

Last edited by thypentacle : 11-21-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Well, I can agree with one thing: I would definitely have preferred Paul McGillion as Scotty -- not for the looks, although he's a better-lookin' fella -- but because from having watched his work on Stargate: Atlantis, I know he's a damn good actor.

And it doesn't hurt that his Scots' accent is actually real.
Same here, when I heard he was considered for the part, I was pretty excited. I heard that he's in the film somewhere. He tried out for Scotty and Abrams liked him so maybe he's Scotty's cousin or something.

BTW, I know you're not too up on this new movie, well that's an understatement, but your new signature, that's pretty damn harsh.

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"

Last edited by Livingston : 11-21-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Vice Admiral

pine is more handsome than shatner,i dont like his scratches on the trailer though
Old 11-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Ensign

So, I went back and looked at some Karl Urban pics and I have to change my mind on this. He is hot lol. I still don't get the Spock/Nimoy thing though. *shrug*

-Reece
Old 11-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
So, I went back and looked at some Karl Urban pics and I have to change my mind on this. He is hot lol. I still don't get the Spock/Nimoy thing though. *shrug*

-Reece

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." as far as the Spock thing. I guess.

Though I look at people in more of a "I may not know art, but I know what I like." sorta way... or as a friend of mine pointed out to me when he read this thread I was talking in here... "You are very much like Spock, how he looks at humans... yet in not so much of a sullen way." I kinda like that, I took it as a compliment. Hell if you're healthy and fun, I'll date ya... lol
Old 11-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Well, I can agree with one thing: I would definitely have preferred Paul McGillion as Scotty -- not for the looks, although he's a better-lookin' fella -- but because from having watched his work on Stargate: Atlantis, I know he's a damn good actor.

And it doesn't hurt that his Scots' accent is actually real.
Actually, his Scottish accent is as real as…James Doohan’s was. His Canadian accent is really real.

Sci-Fi Channel did a behind-the-scenes special before either the first or second season of Atlantis, wherein there’s a short clip of Paul McGillon and (I think) Joe Flanigan standing outside by their trailers, showing off the fake-ness of McGillion’s accent.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I have to admit that I’ve always been thankful that none of the Trek actors thus far have been particularly “hot” to me. Connor Trinneer came close, but he never quite was the proverbial cigar.

That said, I’ve always seen and heard about how sexy “the ladies” thought Kirk and Spock were in the ’60s, and with the casting of Pine as Kirk (and Yelchin as Chekhov), I’m quite happy finally to experience this sort-of giddy fascination myself.

Actually, I should crushing on Battlestar Galactica’s Jamie Bamber since the 2003 miniseries.

While we’re on the subject, by the way, I will pause to admit this: with the casting of Pine (and Yelchin), it's nice to see Zoë Saldaña as Uhura—she’s absolutely smoking! —And yes, I'm about as queer as a $3 bill, but I'm sufficiently secure in my sexuality to admit when i see a beautiful woman.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Ensign

Quote:
While we’re on the subject, by the way, I will pause to admit this: with the casting of Pine (and Yelchin), it's nice to see Zoë Saldaña as Uhura—she’s absolutely smoking! —And yes, I'm about as queer as a $3 bill, but I'm sufficiently secure in my sexuality to admit when i see a beautiful woman.
Agreed lol she is hot, and yea I'm a **** also, but I can tell when a girl is hot lol.

So who is hotter Yelchin or Pin? lol Just wondering.

-Reece
Old 11-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Vice Admiral

Me, I'll take a Shatner/Pine sandwich anyday. With Urban for dessert!
Old 11-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
When they first announced that Karl Urban would be playing McCoy, I was awfully surprised - how could someone that big and buff and, frankly, hot play the demure and craggy Doctor?
Even since he was cast as McCoy, I've discovered that this is a misconception a lot of people have. Just so you know, Karl Urban is "big and buff" only when the role he plays calls for it, kinda like Toby Maguire when he has to play Spider Man. And it also gives the illusion of being big when you're wearing a huge armour (LOTR, The Chronicles of Riddick) or military gear (Doom). But most of the time Karl is of a regular build, the way you seem him in this movie.

Last edited by Lady Vaako : 11-22-2008 at 05:28 PM.