The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Eric Bana Future Guy from Enterprise?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Ensign

This is why we have the Grandfather Paradox: to make grabastic nonsense like the TCW impossible in all but poorly written story arcs of ENTERPRISE.

I just don't want to see JJ get all caught up in time travel minutiae. Audiences will just die of boredom.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I think the Temporal Cold War was a good idea, but poorly executed.

And then down casted by the Xindi junk. Which was in its self a big rip off of 9/11.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Lieutenant

Time travel, as noted above, is headache inducing.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Midshipman

I think there should be at least a mention of Archer. if only to connect the series together. I would be concerned if garry mitchell isn't included in the movie in some way. He was supposed to be one of kirks best friends before spock.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Rear Admiral

Maybe the dining hall at their academy graduation will be the Archer Dining Hall.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Midshipman

Certainly Possible
Old 02-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Interesting idea. Would tie things together quite well.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Midshipman

Post ENT Panic

I don't think they will try to tie the film in with ENT, they are looking to make this a stand alone film anyone can see without having to know the whole back story. JJ has said this will be "my Star Trek".

I'm only just getting to see ENT as in the UK it's spent the last few years swapping channels and being on at 2am!!!! So it's only now on a channel I have and at a sensible time! I am enjoying it, I get a bit annoyed that they seem to have either paniked because of ratings or just had a silly moment and stuck "fan favs" in like the Borg and Ferengi. I felt like they were all turning at me and giving me a wink saying "you'll like this!". But that has just back fired on fans who are worried about the time line. Wasn't to chuffed about the final episode either, why Riker and Troi?
Old 02-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Ensign

I had no problem with ENT until its final episode...ugh. I'm hoping Nero really will be a Romulan. We were promised that Nemesis would go into some depth about Romulans, instead it focused on Remas. Don't get me wrong, loved Nemesis and I love the Remans, but what about Romulans. Originally hoping ENT (if it continued) or a Trek movie would also focus on the Romulan Wars, it whet my apetite for something Romulan based.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Lieutenant

Why not have an aged Jonathan Archer giving a commeration speech about the first Starship Enterprise of the Federation? You can have him deliever the speech and explain his significance all at once.

"In 2151, Earth Starfleet launched the first Warp 5 capable ship, the NX class Enterprise, under my command. Today, 94 years later, the Federation Starfleet launches the first Warp 9 capable starship, the Constitution class USS Enterprise. Captain Robert April is a fine, dedicated officer with 25 years of experience aboard starships, he is the perfect choice to be handed command of the first Constitution class in Federation history."