The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > New Official Site And Trailer arrived
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty80 View Post
Somebody has probably answered this before but is there any ideas why only one of Nero's ears has been cut? Surely, both would have been done if it was meant to disguise his origins.... Or is he going to spend the entire film just displaying the right hand side of his face!
Well it looks like Nero has had a pretty hard life. There has been some spoilers as to where his character has been. Considering this, I wouldn't need an explanation as to why one ear is cut.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventguy View Post
Maybe someone has already said this but has anyone noticed the kid driving the sports car gets and says his name is James SIBERIUS Kirk. I had to watch it a couple of times to make sure I heard it right. Not Tiberias with a T but Siberius with and S
I noticed this too. I watched the trailer several times and heard Siberius. I am amazed that more people havent called this out. I have been to other forums and only once have I heard anyone mention it and no one seemed to care. I can look past alot when it comes to canon but to use existing characters and mess up the name James T Kirk and not catch it during production is ridiculious. The whole point of the begining of the trailer was capture the attention of the audience when the boy says his name! The use of the name here was important.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerhanner View Post
Wow! Loved the trailer... but why o why o why does Uhura have to flash her boobies when none of the men flash their goodies? (Unless you use the pause button when Kirk is smooching someone in bed.)

I know the majority of Trek fans are men, but that HERE'S MY BRA NOW LOOK AT MY BOOBS bit seemed a little.... forced.

And doesn't it take just a little of Uhura's authority away from her and make her more of a sex object?
Because the target audience always has been men 18 to 35... And although most of the original fans are in our 40s and 50s now, it still catches the eye.
Also, that goes for the JTK "fast and furious" beginning of the trailer...

The trailer is awesome: I will speculate the following: a running time of two and a half hours and the Enterprise on earth (somewhere in IOWA?) is being repaired and refitted at the end of the movie.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Fleet Admiral

Running time is 2 h (confirmed)

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 11-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrous View Post
Well it looks like Nero has had a pretty hard life. There has been some spoilers as to where his character has been. Considering this, I wouldn't need an explanation as to why one ear is cut.
Has their been a Romulan that did not have a hard life
Old 11-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Smile

I want to see a trailer with McCoy and Sulu Chekhov talking not gust Kirk and Spock
Old 11-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Fleet Admiral

If Peter Jackson spent about twice the budget of this movie for a super-movie of about 11h run-time, why can't they do a 5h Trek movie for us? After all the tendency is to make blockbusters 2h+ so why not 5 hours?
Perhaps no general audience then, but I guess all the fans would watch it
Old 11-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Smile Idustrial Light and Magich

Finally ILM has returned to doing the special effects for Star Trek the last one was First Contact. They stopped doing Star Trek movies because of Star Wars. Maybe that is what caused Star Trek to go down.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:19 AM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troi View Post
I noticed this too. I watched the trailer several times and heard Siberius.
I guess it's just the young actor who had no idea how to pronounce that word ? The French dubbed trailer has definitely "James Tiberius Kirk" said in it (despite the obvious bad quality of the dubbing). I'm going to watch it in some other languages out of sheer curiosity.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Federation Councillor

I went back and had a listen and it really sounds like a definitive 'Tiberius' when I listen to it.