The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Trailer!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Lieutenant

And FYI for my local area, all theaters, even including the $2 kiddie budget one, have been pure digital for years. They made a big push and digitized everything in prep for the last Star Wars film.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Funny...I went to see Bond again today, same movie theater (Famous Players Silver City) but this time I was in cinema 6 and not 3 and this time Bond had a different set of trailers and Star Trek was the first one...I was pleasantly surprised. I wonder if they simply didn’t have it ready for opening night or they have different previews in different cinemas in one theatre.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Captain

Just saw QoS at an AMC (Chicago Suburb)....no Bond. I wish I would have checked with the forum first, because then i would have known to call first.

I spoke with someone at the theater....he said that he hadn't seen Trek with any of the showings in his theater.

I'm going to try and call a manager and see if they have it at all....and maybe they'll let me sneak back in for the trailer...

I think it's pretty ****ty of Paramount to not say that it won't be with every Bond movie....that was misleading.

RedShirt, the "attached" & "enclosed" thing makes total sense....thanks for the FYI.....to bad Paramount decided to give us an FU instead!

UPDATE: I called the theater...the manager confirmed that only certain showings have it (and confirmed what RedShirt said). He is going to look into which movie times have the trailer for tomorrow and then let me back in (with my ticket stub!) to see the trailer.

I think that's really cool! Definitely worth a shot to any of you who have seen QoS and missed the trailer!

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.

Last edited by Damage75 : 11-15-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage75 View Post
I think it's pretty ****ty of Paramount to not say that it won't be with every Bond movie....that was misleading.

RedShirt, the "attached" & "enclosed" thing makes total sense....thanks for the FYI.....to bad Paramount decided to give us an FU instead!
It's not up to Paramount to SHOW the trailer with Bond in theaters, so why blame them?

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 11-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
It's not up to Paramount to SHOW the trailer with Bond in theaters, so why blame them?
Because we were all lead to believe by them that if you went to see QoS, you would see the Star Trek trailer.

If they had said, "New trailer with QoS, but check your theaters because not every show may have it", then that would be different.

I'm not blaming them for not showing it....just blaming them for not being 100% honest with us...

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Because we were all lead to believe by them that if you went to see QoS, you would see the Star Trek trailer.
I never saw anything from Paramount saying as such... just speculation.

HOWEVER the Cinemark Theater in Sacramento showed the Trek trailer with Quantum of Solace (great Bond film... the plot was thin, but great to watch anyway) and it blew me away.

A buddy of mine in South Jersey saw it last night too... Trek trailer and all!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:

If they had said, "New trailer with QoS, but check your theaters because not every show may have it", then that would be different.

I'm not blaming them for not showing it....just blaming them for not being 100% honest with us...
Well, in all fairness, Paramount had no way of knowing that either I don't think. The trailer WAS sent off with QoS this weekend. However, I suppose it was more of an assumption (and hey I assumed it too) on the fans part that it would be there regardless, but then we aren't all experts on how studios do their trailers either and many weren't aware that the way it was enclosed meant it could be hit and miss with the trailer, etc.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
And FYI for my local area, all theaters, even including the $2 kiddie budget one, have been pure digital for years. They made a big push and digitized everything in prep for the last Star Wars film.
It makes everything simpler.
There is really no reason not to go digitial...except for the expense to completely renovate you booth...in those theatres...likely they'll just build new theatres with the tech as time goes on.

Everything is going information.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by delliott101 View Post
I never saw anything from Paramount saying as such... just speculation.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerMan View Post
Well, in all fairness, Paramount had no way of knowing that either I don't think. The trailer WAS sent off with QoS this weekend. However, I suppose it was more of an assumption (and hey I assumed it too) on the fans part that it would be there regardless, but then we aren't all experts on how studios do their trailers either and many weren't aware that the way it was enclosed meant it could be hit and miss with the trailer, etc.
Paramount did make an official announcement back in mid-October that the trailer would be linked to non-Paramount films and that the first would be QoS.

It was only after fans went to the movies on Friday night and did not see the trailer that Paramount started defining how it was released.

We never heard of "attached" or "enclosed" until now....funny how that works!

Old 11-16-2008, 12:55 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I was unaware I needed a masters degree in previews to circumnavigate the apparent obstacles to see the trailer. I was under the assumption that the trailer would be in front of the movie. That was the ONLY reason I did the 12:01 showing of QoS. It was not. I feel cheated in that respect. Oh well, I know it's only $12 and two hours but darn it. I wanted to first see it on the big screen! Now I don't know when I will. I certainly won't go back to see QoS to see it. If the showing has it at all...