The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Trailer!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default Trailer!

We now have all seen the official trailer. Can anyone tell me which movie it is shown with? I went to see Quantum of Solace opening night hoping for a double treat but no Star Trek trailer was to be seen. My thoughts were how ludicrous to not have shown the Star Trek trailer with such a movie. When is the trailer coming out, what movie will we see it with?
Old 11-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Commander

The trailer for Star Trek is ENCLOSED with QoS, but not attached. People seeing it in theatres this weekend are seeing it ahead of QoS. It kind of comes down to the discretion of the theatre manager as to whether it is being shown. In my area with two different theatres of the same chain, one is showing the trailer and one isn't. (I called.)

I'm seeing QoS in the theatre that IS showing it tonight.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

After QoS was over, I spoke with the manager at the theater where I went to see it (100 Oaks in Nashville, TN); he said that the trailer was included, but was not on every print of the movie he received.
I asked very politely if he'd let me stay for just the trailers on another screen, and he agreed.

Of course, that meant sitting in the parking lot, listening to the radio for an hour and a half until the Trek trailer.…
Old 11-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtWalking View Post
The trailer for Star Trek is ENCLOSED with QoS, but not attached. People seeing it in theatres this weekend are seeing it ahead of QoS. It kind of comes down to the discretion of the theatre manager as to whether it is being shown. In my area with two different theatres of the same chain, one is showing the trailer and one isn't. (I called.)

I'm seeing QoS in the theatre that IS showing it tonight.
IT DOES...but it doesn't....
There are lots of reasons why it wouldn't but....this movie is SUPPOSED...to attached certain trailers. They're are even studio paided people that will go out to theatres across America and make sure the manager is running the right trailers with the right movies on opening day.

but if they don't get it or it's damage or if the the booth people get it wrong or mixed up...then you won't see it.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBlue98 View Post
After QoS was over, I spoke with the manager at the theater where I went to see it (100 Oaks in Nashville, TN); he said that the trailer was included, but was not on every print of the movie he received.
I asked very politely if he'd let me stay for just the trailers on another screen, and he agreed.

Of course, that meant sitting in the parking lot, listening to the radio for an hour and a half until the Trek trailer.…
Normally they will but I just asked them before I bought my ticket. (manager) They have a list of movie trailer combinations that booth must adhere to but if they don't have enough copies then they obviously can't.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
IT DOES...but it doesn't....
There are lots of reasons why it wouldn't but....this movie is SUPPOSED...to attached certain trailers. They're are even studio paided people that will go out to theatres across America and make sure the manager is running the right trailers with the right movies on opening day.

but if they don't get it or it's damage or if the the booth people get it wrong or mixed up...then you won't see it.

No, actually that's not entirely true.

Star Trek isn't from the same studio as Quantum of Solace, so it wouldn't be attached, it would only be enclosed with QoS.

The manager I spoke to at the theatre that wasn't showing it said he basically "just didn't include it" and didn't really have a reason.

http://trekmovie.com/2008/11/14/trai...most-theaters/
Old 11-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
They're are even studio paided people that will go out to theatres across America and make sure the manager is running the right trailers with the right movies on opening day.
Carmike actually has a paid person going around to check and make sure it is NOT being shown! At least in my area. I had to talk the managers into showing it anyway, and they checked with headquarters to see if that person was going to be at their theater before agreeing.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

It's sad that alot of people are not seeing the ST trailer before Bond. I'm surprised that this was not a sealed deal. If I were J.J. I would have made sure this was a consistent thing. Monday morning quarterback I know but none-the-less
Old 11-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtWalking View Post
No, actually that's not entirely true.

Star Trek isn't from the same studio as Quantum of Solace, so it wouldn't be attached, it would only be enclosed with QoS.

The manager I spoke to at the theatre that wasn't showing it said he basically "just didn't include it" and didn't really have a reason.

http://trekmovie.com/2008/11/14/trai...most-theaters/
It has nothing to do with what studio the movie is from. Theatres, like AMC and Cinemark have agreements to run certain trailers on certain movies solely for the sake of exposure because studies are done to determine what type of group sees a certain type of movie.

You wouldn't put an kids film in a action movies trailers just because they're from the same studio. You're not reaching the appropriate audience.

Depending on what theatre group you watched your movie, you likely weren't talking to the head manager. More than Likely you were talking to the Usher Mananger(s) or the Concession Manager. Head Manager isn't going to be on the floor unless there is a problem (generally) not even the accounts manager would be down stairs unless handling a customer service problem and that means one of the floor managers wasn't doing their job or it got outta hand.

And because eash manager is specialized they wouldn't know alot that the Booth Manager does know about the regular pulling and attaching of movies in the projector room.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
Carmike actually has a paid person going around to check and make sure it is NOT being shown! At least in my area. I had to talk the managers into showing it anyway, and they checked with headquarters to see if that person was going to be at their theater before agreeing.
It wouldn't surprise me.
they maye playing up the excitement of the film with suspense.
But...they can't just decided to show a trailer.
It's impossible to skip or rewind a projector (or rather it's a huge hassel)
If you saw the trailer then it was purposely put on the night before.

Newer projectors are digital...like at Edwards IMAX theatres in Houston.