The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > I just saw the trailer and i have something to say to Abrams and this board.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Commander

Default I just saw the trailer and i have something to say to Abrams and this board.

I apoligize. I take back every mean-spirited and doubtful word I uttered from my foolish mouth. Everything works, everything meshed perfectly. The guy who said the ship looked better in action was absolutely correct. The two dimensional image we got of the ship seems warped somehow now. The ship i saw in the trailer is a totally different animal. I don't know how to say it other than that it looks better alive. It was the Enterprise, it was the Enterprise in battle, it was the Enterprise in flight, it was the Enterprise in dry dock being completed. I jumped to a wrong-headed conclusion based on that rather visually skewed still shot we got. After seeing her from different angles, it's just a whole other ball game. The Kelvin is a neat little vessel herself. The feel of the trailer is amazing. I left the theater breathless, the ticket taker was telling me to breathe. THIS IS GOING TO BE A NEW KIND OF MOTION PICTURE! You remember how Jurassic Park first wowed us with CGI dinosaurs?
Well Star Trek is going to set the standard for special effects work for the next 20 years! I honestly believe this Star Trek film will win an Oscar for best special effects. It's a new kind of film and the opening day is going to be crazy. I was in an audience with a bunch of college kids throwing crap and acting like total 3 year olds. When i got up to leave after the trailer, there was total silence and a bunch of lower jaws on the floor. Incredible, absolutely incredible. You didn't let us down after all Mr. Abrams, you've really gone and done something special here. I cannot wait to see 2 more hours of this. Everyone please forgive me for being a doubter. I'm still flabbergasted.

Last edited by MonsieurHood : 11-13-2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Admiral

Monsiuer, you got me psyched! I was hoping it was just that pic of the Enterprise that was throwing it off. From what you're saying, it must be pretty frakin' good!

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Old 11-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Commander

If you haven't seen it, trust me, YOU WANT TO! I don't know how to post the damned spoiler thingy, or i could tell you some REAL interesting stuff! GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY!
What a 2 minute thrill ride that was!
Old 11-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurHood View Post
I apoligize. I take back every mean-spirited and doubtful word I uttered from my foolish mouth. Everything works, everything meshed perfectly. The guy who said the ship looked better in action was absolutely correct. The two dimensional image we got of the ship seems warped somehow now. The ship i saw in the trailer is a totally different animal. I don't know how to say it other than that it looks better alive. It was the Enterprise, it was the Enterprise in battle, it was the Enterprise in flight, it was the Enterprise in dry dock being completed. I jumped to a wrong-headed conclusion based on that rather visually skewed still shot we got. After seeing her from different angles, it's just a whole other ball game. The Kelvin is a neat little vessel herself. The feel of the trailer is amazing. I left the theater breathless, the ticket taker was telling me to breathe. THIS IS GOING TO BE A NEW KIND OF MOTION PICTURE! You remember how Jurassic Park first wowed us with CGI dinosaurs?
Well Star Trek is going to set the standard for special effects work for the next 20 years! I honestly believe this Star Trek film will win an Oscar for best special effects. It's a new kind of film and the opening day is going to be crazy. I was in an audience with a bunch of college kids throwing crap and acting like total 3 year olds. When i got up to leave after the trailer, there was total silence and a bunch of lower jaws on the floor. Incredible, absolutely incredible. You didn't let us down after all Mr. Abrams, you've really gone and done something special here. I cannot wait to see 2 more hours of this. Everyone please forgive me for being a doubter. I'm still flabbergasted.
Which begs the question. Why did they release a distorted image in the first place. Is that a sample of their quality control!

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 11-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Vice Admiral

I can't wait to see the new trailer! Now more than ever!
Old 11-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Admiral

Probably to generate all the discussion and buzz that's been going on.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman View Post
Which begs the question. Why did they release a distorted image in the first place. Is that a sample of their quality control!
Publicity department flub-up maybe? I don't know. But the ship really does look (how do i say this?) "Enterprise-ish" in flight. Especially flying straight at you.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

hey awesome! I am leaving for the theater in about 10 minutes. Now I am really excited!
Old 11-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Admiral

I am glad to hear that! How'd the cast look in action?

Old 11-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Commander

You want me to tell you in a P.M. Livingston? I don't want to piss off the rest of the board.