The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Trek Tech > Ships, Devices, etc. > Some LCARS Starfleet schematics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Fleet Admiral

I like it.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Latest update of all four decks:

Last edited by LCARS 24 : 03-06-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Here they are labeled, ready for final checking:

http://lcars24.com/Def-deck1.html
http://lcars24.com/Def-deck2.html
http://lcars24.com/Def-deck3.html
http://lcars24.com/Def-deck4.html
Old 03-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Lieutenant Commander

I've updated the Defiant deck plans, still accessible from the links above, and here's a simple thing that's a follow-up to those, the type 10, designed by Doug Drexler before he had fiinshed the DS9TM deck plans, which I've scaled accordingly here at 6.5 meters in length to fit the launch bay he designed and the onscreen evidence (DS9: The Sound of Her Voice):

Last edited by LCARS 24 : 03-12-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Fleet Admiral

Always found that one too cool

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 03-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Doug Drexler, designer of the type 10, was nice enough to weigh in on this one and give me an "official" length of 8 meters, and I rescaled the relevant interior features to comply with designer intent:

Old 06-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Rear Admiral

Wait...so you actually met him?

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable
Old 06-06-2011, 05:14 AM
Lieutenant Commander

No. Somebody must have e-mailed him, and he joined TrekBBS just for this. He even put together a diagram of the outline of this thing and a cross section of a BMW to scale to show that 8 meters was reasonable. So that's the official word, and I scaled what you see above to comply.

I just checked Ex Astris Scientia again, where it's still 6.5 meters. He did finally get around to changing the length figure for the Well class, many months after I told him about it, but to 193 instead of 195. Before he had it at 335.

Last edited by LCARS 24 : 06-06-2011 at 05:22 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCARS 24 View Post
No. Somebody must have e-mailed him, and he joined TrekBBS just for this. He even put together a diagram of the outline of this thing and a cross section of a BMW to scale to show that 8 meters was reasonable. So that's the official word, and I scaled what you see above to comply.

I just checked Ex Astris Scientia again, where it's still 6.5 meters. He did finally get around to changing the length figure for the Well class, many months after I told him about it, but to 193 instead of 195. Before he had it at 335.
Yeah that was much too big.
Ex Astrix does make some good extrapolations but some parts are particularly precise from an engineering point of view.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Lieutenant Commander

I've quit TrekBBS. Some members have asked me to work on their projects but didn't get nasty about it when I declined. Some others, who are general troublemakers anyway and must just enjoy fighting, seem to follow me around for whatever reason. One, who has hassled me relentlessly about some movie he likes to promote, was clever enough to get into a fight with somebody else on an MSD thread before I had the schematic finished, but I was able to stop that simply by saying that I wouldn't be posting the final version if the thread ended up being closed before I had it ready. He just denied any such intent and stopped fighting with the other guy.

A few days ago I PM'd a moderator when I was having trouble with someone else who had been chasing me around for the last couple of years. The moderator explained that just clicking on the Call Moderator button doesn't accomplish anything, that one must submit a report, after which moderators discuss the incident among themselves before deciding on any action. I didn't know that, nor am I up on the fine points of what people can get away with. And I certainly don't want to be bothered. I changed my password and deleted my avatar, signature, and location. I'm out of there. It was a good source of information while it lasted, but that's over.

I've got a couple of schematics almost done, but lately I just haven't been in the mood to finish them up. One was submitted by someone and doesn't need much finish-up. I really should work on that one, but he's patient.

Anyway, there will be more.

I put the Defiant deck plans and the above shuttle schematic on Sci-Fi Meshes after posting them here, but there was only one comment, meaning very little interest.

Last edited by LCARS 24 : 01-12-2013 at 06:34 PM.