The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > I See Red!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How Worried Are You?
not worried at all, love what I see 37 63.79%
a little worried, things aren't looking right 11 18.97%
very worried, what are they thinking 7 12.07%
beyond worry, I'll never see this thing 3 5.17%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Captain

As I said somewhere else, I dont trust modern day movie makers a bit. I read all their marketing blah, blah to filter out some infos and ignore all the rest about how awesome it is to work on such a popular franchise, how trustfull everyone treats the original, how real and big and great everything is and will turn out, what an honor it was to work with... yadda, yadda, yadda.

The same for blogs as trekmovie.com or any blog. I filter the infos, try to take a catch of new pics, etc. All just to prepare for the worst.

Thats what I did with The Dark Knight and heck was that movie great.

Lets say I had a very bad feeling about Indy IV and I have a very bad feeling about this Trekmovie too. At the moment chances are fiftie:fiftie. Very likely possible I will not see it in cinemas and watch it on DVD one day or *cough* you know, find other ways to test wether my judgement was right or wrong.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Admiral

I'm excited. My only concern is Quinto's Spock...if they can't get his sideburns to stay down I'm going to be utterly obsessed with them the entire movie.

Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Isn't that exactly what they are trying to do, at the expense of existing fans?
The problem with that statement is you are assuming "existing fans" agree with your early judgement of this entire film based on a couple pictures.

Say "some existing fans" and you'd be correct, no argument there. It's one thing to generalize about the movie before you see it, but another to lump in "existing fans" with your assessment -- since clearly many fans, even here in poll responses, hold quite differing opinions from yours.

Clearly... CLEARLY... there is no ONE opinion about this design, this creative take, this film. And there never will be.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Federation Councillor

So true!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Captain

If you put this poll next to another poll in this forum regarding the new ship design, the percentages are pretty close.

In otherwords, the large majority seem to approve of the ship design and are not worried about the movie. A small percentage "throws up" at the ship design, and is very worried about the movie.

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
Remember!
When these forums first started...There was a POLL on all the Enterprises, including the knew one before we really knew what it looked liked.

NO ONE CHOSE THE NEW SHIP.....

AND

Side by side with that POLL another POLL..."HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE THE NEW ENTERPRISE?

THEY SAY THEY LOVED IT...BEST DESIGN EVER!!!~majority...

Such a contradiction....
Yet again here...in another poll they praise the new design with...I LOVE it...
No doubt the same ones that ignored it on the first poll but loved it on the second poll are voting which ever way keeps trek on the air...

If Abrams took his consensus from these people for the design approval, it would be like asking an alcholic which do you like better Budwieser or Coors...

He doesn't care...he just wants more beer.
I am a "trekaholic"!!! I don't really care....I just want more TREK!!