The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Every Folk On This Board Please Read!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Vice Admiral

Post Every Folk On This Board Please Read!

Dear Peoples,
Remember 1964? Sucky *** Graphics. Bridges That Look Like Cardboard Boxes. GREAT STORYS! Thats Right. The Thing that Made Trek Great Was not How The Ship looked. Admit It! The Ship In the 60s looks like a retard filmed the productions. But, When it came to acting, the imagination,the sense of exploration and " Lets Go On An Adventure" feelings, the story. Thats what made Trek Trek. not The Ship. A Good Story Could Make Sucky 60 grphics the greatest story ever made. The imagination with held in the actors made Trek Truly Great. Nothing Can Change That. Please learn about that before you give up on this film. ONE PHOTO! There are some very disoptomistic on here. Thats my 2 cents.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Rear Admiral

Where's a "thank" button when you need it?
Old 11-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Midshipman

There’s something that’s either being forgotten or has never been thought of by those who are in the “Star Trek is about the people and the stories, I could care less what the ship looks like” camp. And that is, that Gene wanted the audience watching the original Enterprise, to feel that she was a character in the story. As important a character as the Captain and first officer. When she was destroyed in The Search for Spock, it was effective because of the relationship between that fictional ship and it’s very real audience. To the thought that the original Enterprise is ugly, you’re welcome to your opinion, but I’ll tell you something as someone who works in and around new cutting edge aircraft and knows more than his fair share of aeronautical engineers…Matt Jeffries original design has inspired more modern technology and the designs that contain that technology, that you can imagine. Any number of designers will tell you how graceful the lines of the original ship were, and how the TMP Enterprise was a pleasing take on that design.

John
Old 11-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Vice Admiral

And This one Could Inspire More!

Old 11-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Ensign

You have to remember that ST is being made into a "blockbuster". Blockbuster movies usually lack everything that makes ST great.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Vice Admiral

Now you Dont know that.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Lieutenant

tom

i agree with you that TOS had a fantastic sense of adventure about it. it also had warmth, charm, imagination, friendship, humour and so on.

while i totally respect fans views i really cant believe that they will avoid this movie because of a few changes to TOS ship design. If its good enough for Mr Nimoy its good enough for me. He is hugely impressed with this whole set up and he is a man not only with integrity, but also hes a man who has classic treks interest at heart. he wouldnt be doing this if he didnt believe it was worth it and loyal to TOS.

starbase Britain
Old 11-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Vice Admiral

I Agree!

Old 11-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Ensign

tom

you are right that I don't know that. But it's hard for me to believe that this movie will anything other than a forgettable summer blockbuster. Orci and Kurtzman ( the writers) should make every Trek fan question this movie.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pork View Post
tom

you are right that I don't know that. But it's hard for me to believe that this movie will anything other than a forgettable summer blockbuster. Orci and Kurtzman ( the writers) should make every Trek fan question this movie.
Are you even going to bother waiting to see the trailer before reaching that conclusion?

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!