The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > How Petty Can You Get? Seriously?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 08:31 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default How Petty Can You Get? Seriously?

I've seen a number of threads saying that the new ship isn't anything like the old one. Isn't that the point guys? And then you cry and cry about how it doesn't look canon. Have you even seen the movie yet? All the reviews I've been getting from people that have seen the trailer and early screenings can't stop saying enough about it.

Yet you guys...and you know who you are...are still spouting your hatred and abuse of this new venture. Why don't you chill out and if you don't have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut.

Another one is this "I want this movie to fail" crap.

The days of TNG and even TOS are over folks. It's time for new things.

Otherwise, just let Star Trek die...I'm sick of the whiners over canon and stuff. Grow up. It's a STORY it's NOT REAL.

Good Day.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Fleet Admiral

I supported this film from the very beginning on... loved the uniforms and the bridge... but the "Enterprise" made me ache. And now Abrams speaks of "Klingon Warbirds". He certainly has made clear now that he really was never a Star Trek fan.

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 11-14-2008, 08:41 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post
if you don't have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut.
This cracks me up
Old 11-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
I've seen a number of threads saying that the new ship isn't anything like the old one. Isn't that the point guys? And then you cry and cry about how it doesn't look canon. Have you even seen the movie yet? All the reviews I've been getting from people that have seen the trailer and early screenings can't stop saying enough about it.

Yet you guys...and you know who you are...are still spouting your hatred and abuse of this new venture. Why don't you chill out and if you don't have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut.

Another one is this "I want this movie to fail" crap.

The days of TNG and even TOS are over folks. It's time for new things.

Otherwise, just let Star Trek die...I'm sick of the whiners over canon and stuff. Grow up. It's a STORY it's NOT REAL.

Good Day.
can i say more?
nope!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:04 AM
Lieutenant

While I agree with the overall sentiment, the way it was presented really detracts from the message. Writing a post with such a title, adding a few insults for good measure, and then demanding that those who have nothing good to say remain silent is just ... well, meh.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
I supported this film from the very beginning on... loved the uniforms and the bridge... but the "Enterprise" made me ache. And now Abrams speaks of "Klingon Warbirds". He certainly has made clear now that he really was never a Star Trek fan.
He doesn't even need to be a Trek Fan...He just need to have an advisor.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:39 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Aerwynd View Post
While I agree with the overall sentiment, the way it was presented really detracts from the message. Writing a post with such a title, adding a few insults for good measure, and then demanding that those who have nothing good to say remain silent is just ... well, meh.
Hey, if they can talk garbage so can I. And I used my 15 minutes of trash talk to tell them to stop trash talking in the most detractful and untactful way possible. So what? Am I here to make you happy with my posts...Negative.

Besides...you hate me because I told you where to stick it with your pro-obama nonsense. Let's call a spade a spade here...no pun intended.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Aerwynd View Post
Old 11-14-2008, 09:46 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Hey, if they can talk garbage so can I. And I used my 15 minutes of trash talk to tell them to stop trash talking in the most detractful and untactful way possible. So what? Am I here to make you happy with my posts...Negative.
Besides...you hate me because I told you where to stick it with your pro-obama nonsense. Let's call a spade a spade here...no pun intended.
Oh, I really don't care about your stance on Obama or McCain. That's past us ... well, me, anyway ... and I've moved on. I certainly wouldn't hate you because you're misinformed. "Hate" is too strong a word and used too liberally.

It is interesting to me how hypocritical you've made yourself sound in this thread. I'm not happy with you and I'm not angry with you. I don't care about this enough to have an opinion about you personally. However, as I said above, your point was lost in the presentation. Complaining about people who talk trash and complain in detractful and untactful ways doesn't work if you talk trash and complain in a detractful and untactful way while you're doing it. With this thread, you don't come across as someone who should be taken seriously.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:46 AM

There have been enough threads complaining about people who complain about the movie.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and Paramount is fine with all of the different views. Don't call people whiners or other names because they don't think the same way as you do. Just move on and ignore the posts. Agree to disagree.
Closed Thread