The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Interesting Star Trek Movie Trivia
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Commander

Cool Interesting Star Trek Movie Trivia

A long list of fun little trivia facts from the various Star Trek movies!
It's rather long, but I was bored at the time

*The Final Frontier is the only movie to have all of the original characters in their same stations as the Origional Series.
*The Motion Picture is the only movie not to have a battle scene between the Enterprise and at least one vessel.
*Insurrection is the only movie that does not show, take place on or near, Earth.
*The Undiscovered Country is not considered canon by some loyal Trekkies, due to the fact that Gene Roddenberry never saw the final product. However, he did see a version of the film a few days before his death.
*Insurrection and Nemesis are the only movies not to feature Klingons, or Klingon ships. (not counting Worf)
*The Search For Spock was originally going to have Romulans as the main villans, but due to the budget, the costumes from The Motion Picture were re-used, and the script was editied. This accounts for the attitude change that made the Klingons honorable and the Romulans cunning and sneaky.
*Nemesis is the only movie that does not have a colon between "Star Trek" and the name of the film. It is written "Star Trek Nemesis" instead of "Star Trek: Nemesis"
*Nemesis is the only RELEASED movie to feature Romulans. (Star Trek XI will feature them as the main villans)
*The Remans were never seen until Star Trek Nemesis
*The extra battle damage on the Enterprise during Search for Spock was attributed in a book to have been caused by Klingon's attacking the Enterprise between Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock, due to the instablity the Genesis experiment created between the Klingon Empire and the Federation.
*In Star Trek: Generations, Scotty knows for a fact that Kirk is dead. However, in the TNG episode (not sure what the name is, but it's where they find Scotty) Scotty talk about it "being about time Kirk came looking for me"

If anyone has any others, feel free to post!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Admiral

There wasn't a battle between the Enterprise and any vessel in Voyage Home, unless you count flashbacks to Trek III.

Interesting trivia facts though. The 'Scotty' episode was called "Relics" I think.

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Old 11-05-2008, 11:46 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffs79 View Post
*Nemesis is the only RELEASED movie to feature Romulans. (Star Trek XI will feature them as the main villans)
Indeed, it's the only one to feature Romulans - in the plural sense. A singular Romulan, Ambassador Nanclus, appeared in The Undiscovered Country. Speaking of the sixth film and its sometimes-disputed canonicity... Mr Roddenberry apparently considered the story of Sybok, Spock's half-brother from The Final Frontier, to be apochryphal.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
There wasn't a battle between the Enterprise and any vessel in Voyage Home, unless you count flashbacks to Trek III.
i didn't, because they were not happening during the present.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:16 AM
Captain

Meritt Butrick the actor who played Kirks son in Star Trek 2 and 3 died at the age of 29 in 1989, from AIDS

The title for Star Trek 2 the Wrath of Khan was originally The Revenge of Khan, but Star Wars third film "Return of the Jedi" was originally Revenge of the Jedi, so it was changed.

William Shatner refused to come back for Star Trek V unless he could direct.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
Indeed, it's the only one to feature Romulans - in the plural sense. A singular Romulan, Ambassador Nanclus, appeared in The Undiscovered Country. Speaking of the sixth film and its sometimes-disputed canonicity... Mr Roddenberry apparently considered the story of Sybok, Spock's half-brother from The Final Frontier, to be apochryphal.
There was a Romulan in Final Frontier.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoore View Post

You just beat me to it. Her name was Kaitlin Dhar- but she was half-Romulan (if that makes a difference).
Old 11-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoore View Post

I didn't count her either. lol.
Nemesis is the only movie to feature Romulans or Remans as the VILLANS
Old 11-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Commander

Some More:

*The Motion Picture is the only film to use uniforms never seen again, in a film or TV episode.
*An Engineering Hand seen behind Preston in Wrath of Khan, is the same man who plays Klaa in The Final Frontier.
*In Star Trek Nemesis, the bridge set was places on gimbals for more realistic battle scenes.
*General Chang's eyepatch has three bolts that go into the skull. They all have the Klingon insignia engraved on them.
*Gene Roddenberry died a little under 48 Hours after seeing the cut version of The Undiscovered Countru. The Film was later dedicated to him.
*In The Voyage Home, The captain of the USS Saratoga, seen at the start of the film, was the first female captain ever seen in a Star Trek story.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:35 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuedoc View Post
Her name was Kaitlin Dhar- but she was half-Romulan (if that makes a difference).
Wow, I never knew that part... what species was her other parent, and what's the source for that nifty factoid?