The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Ships Counciller?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-04-2008, 04:48 AM
Beetlescott's Avatar
Beetlescott Beetlescott is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,645
Default Ships Counciller?

Please PLEASE tell me there won't be a ships counciller on the 1701!!!!!!! I hope I didn't misspell that!!!
__________________
LET'S MAKE SURE HISTORY NEVER FORGETS THE NAME ENTERPRISE!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-04-2008, 06:07 AM
AJBlue98's Avatar
AJBlue98 AJBlue98 is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlescott View Post
Please PLEASE tell me there won't be a ships counciller on the 1701!!!!!!! I hope I didn't misspell that!!!
C-O-U-N-S-E-L-O-R.

Sorry, Beetlescott.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-04-2008, 08:49 AM
NCC-73515's Avatar
NCC-73515 NCC-73515 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 7,207
Default

Well, people will tell things to a bartender they'd never tell a doctor
__________________


"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-04-2008, 09:06 AM
MrQ1701's Avatar
MrQ1701 MrQ1701 is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Espanola, New Mexico
Posts: 3,940
Default

I don't believe we will see a ship's counselor on the 1701 in this movie. I liked the way ST:Enterprise addressed the issue as well as Voyager, the doctor served in that role much of the time.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-04-2008, 09:13 AM
NCC-73515's Avatar
NCC-73515 NCC-73515 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 7,207
Default

Not the chef!!!
__________________


"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-04-2008, 09:18 AM
MrQ1701's Avatar
MrQ1701 MrQ1701 is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Espanola, New Mexico
Posts: 3,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
Not the chef!!!
I forgot about that. You're right. But Chef was also a hub for gossip
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-04-2008, 09:21 AM
horatio's Avatar
horatio horatio is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,257
Default

TOS hit it just right with Bones. Troi always had to force herself upon everyone, be it Picard or Barclay or whoever and it was just too much in the face with a professional psychologist.
Chef was also a nice idea in ENT, although the counseling aspect only appeared in the last show if I remember correctly. And on VOY, it was Mummy Janeway
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-04-2008, 09:25 AM
MrQ1701's Avatar
MrQ1701 MrQ1701 is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Espanola, New Mexico
Posts: 3,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
TOS hit it just right with Bones. Troi always had to force herself upon everyone, be it Picard or Barclay or whoever and it was just too much in the face with a professional psychologist.
Chef was also a nice idea in ENT, although the counseling aspect only appeared in the last show if I remember correctly. And on VOY, it was Mummy Janeway
I recall an episode on VOY where the doctor mentions he has downloaded psycological information because he has been serving in that capacity much of the time. Anyone remember the episode?

I doubt many people confided in Janeway other than her senior crew, even then they probably spoke more openly to the Doc
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-04-2008, 09:28 AM
horatio's Avatar
horatio horatio is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
I recall an episode on VOY where the doctor mentions he has downloaded psycological information because he has been serving in that capacity much of the time. Anyone remember the episode?

I doubt many people confided in Janeway other than her senior crew, even then they probably spoke more openly to the Doc
Technically, it should have been his job on VOY being the doctor programmed with all the psychological data in the Federation but I doubt anyone would have entrusted him or herself to him in the first years, especially not Tom Paris. Bedside manners were not part of his initial program.
And Janeway was as much mummy for 7/9 as the Doctor played Daddy.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:11 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.