The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Orci: 50% of the effects; could return for XII
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDevlin View Post
I agree that this is normal considering the release date of May. I also think we may not see the "final" trailer this early. Alot of movie to come and go before May.
We will see the full Trailer attached to Quantum of Solace on November 14th, and maybe a couple of other movies shortly after that.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Commander

GROOVY! Do you guys know what this means? It means, we get 100% brand new special effects THIS TIME! AWESOME!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Fleet Admiral

But Abrams and everyone else involved who has commented on it has said the film would be completed on its original schedule, as if it were being released this December.

This also makes sense, in that ILM cannot push back the other projects it had scheduled to do starting in January just to 'finesse' TREK for a few extra months. Then those movies would be delayed, and the movies after it... it would never end.

Granted, ILM will be completing a LARGE number of shots in the next 6 weeks!

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
But Abrams and everyone else involved who has commented on it has said the film would be completed on its original schedule, as if it were being released this December.

This also makes sense, in that ILM cannot push back the other projects it had scheduled to do starting in January just to 'finesse' TREK for a few extra months. Then those movies would be delayed, and the movies after it... it would never end.

Granted, ILM will be completing a LARGE number of shots in the next 6 weeks!
Which thing begs the question: Why don't they just go ahead and release it in December? Other than possibly the weather, there won't be anything keeping any of us who want to see the film from seeing it. This is the one point I think Paramount is being just plain screwy about. But that's just me.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurHood View Post
GROOVY! Do you guys know what this means? It means, we get 100% brand new special effects THIS TIME! AWESOME!
This time? The last movie Nemesis didn't reuse any sfx to my knowledge....And what did Insurection reuse?
Old 11-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen View Post
This time? The last movie Nemesis didn't reuse any sfx to my knowledge....And what did Insurection reuse?
Good point! I await an answer to your question
Old 11-04-2008, 07:53 AM
Lieutenant

The interview (specifically the time it was conducted) does have to be a little old. According to TrekMovie's production update on October 14, 75% of the FX were completed.

http://trekmovie.com/2008/10/14/abra...-and-run-time/
Old 11-04-2008, 07:57 AM
Lieutenant

"Which thing begs the question: Why don't they just go ahead and release it in December?"

At this point and this late in the game that could probably be the worst thing they could do. It's not like these things are planned as easily as someone marking you down for a dinner reservation. Since it was moved to May, all the promotions, trailers, merchandise, etc have planned accordingly and if they suddenly moved it that means all of these companies will have to change everything accordingly and probably a lot of things may not get done as a result of the rush to get it out suddenly. For example, Burger King may already have a promotion this Christmas. Paramount decides at the last minute to movie to this Christmas, they won't have a deal with Burger King. Etc. I don't think any of the companies involved would be too happy about that. May is pretty well set in stone (I HOPE,) and I'm pretty sure the new trailer debuting next Friday will be marked as May 9 as well.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
It's also possible they simply took advantage of the extra time to finesse some of the shots even further.
I would hope so. This film needs to be as good as it can be! All systems must be 100%
Old 11-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Vice Admiral

Mission- Do you work in the movie/tv business? I am always amazed by your insight into these subjects. Sorry if you have already answered similar questions.

I also did not want to PM you without permission