The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > How much Trek do you watch?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Lieutenant Commander

I have been watching the remastered OS episodes. 3-5 a week. Sometimes I catch TNG on and watch.

Also have watched some of the fan created endeavors and quite liked JamesCs "New Voyages" The last with Sulu coming back with his daughter "World Enough and Time" was very watchable, especially with the effects from The Dave school in Orlando Florida. This is a project to watch as it moves into the realm of The Phase 2, The second five year mission stuff that really became The Motion Picture. Check out the teaser for the new episode coming soon.
Hes got a great actor playing Chekov.

Check it you will be surprised. get the Divx version

HERE:http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/news20080916.html
Direct download below:
http://www.startrekphase2video.com/V...Teaser_AVI.zip
Old 11-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlescott View Post
I agree with you on the music, it is great! Right now I have 3 of the movie soundtracks in my changer. That music can take you back!!! It is great!
yes it does take you back beetlescot. Im reminded of the great times i had in the movie theatre for each of those films release. ST has some of the most beautiful music recorded i think. they were exciting times and im hoping they might come back again. im certainly buzzing for this new movie.

good times
starbase Britain
Old 11-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Ensign

Don't worry, you're definitely not weird- at least not by my definition! In the summers, I sit down for a Trek every evening usually, if I wasn't having to write college papers every night, I'd still do that. I wish I could catch up on the other series too, I know TOS by heart practically, and I'm pretty knowledgeable about TNG, but I've seen virtually no DN9, VOY or ENT. Woeful indeed.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Trek? I've seen about three eps in the last six months. I've been too busy watching “Babylon 5.”
Old 11-04-2008, 05:21 AM
Vice Admiral

I watch Star Trek TOS Remastered a lot. Always catch it on the DVR on Sundays. Can't afford the DVD set yet. The only thing I don't like about watching TOS on regular TV is that each episode is cut to pieces for syndication. The original run time for most episodes was usually 50 minutes. But the syndicated versions usually run 40 minutes or so. That means that 10 minutes of footage is cut from each episode. And since I've seen every episode of TOS uncut, I notice every scene that's cut out. That sucks!! I have every episode recorded on DVD from the old Star trek 2.0 from G4. It's pretty cool. And I like to watch Star Trek II, VI, and First Contact. My favorites.