The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > How much Trek do you watch?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Rear Admiral

I watch at least 5 episodes a week sometimes all in one day, sometimes one a day.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I will try...the white bridge is really bugging me though.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Commander

Like Star Trek on Speed Racer.... I'll adapt...

http://www.dianahuang.com
Old 11-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate Ataxia View Post
I don't watch much at all now. During the writer's strike I watched every episode of every series and the movies so I haven't watched anything for a while. I have lots of favorite episodes...Yesterday's Enterprise, All Good things, many more...I can't wait for new material but I am still a little scared that the movie will disappoint.
I did exactly what you did, when I got all of my series updated to DVDs, I watched all of it in a row, I watched nothing else. Then, I had a couple of surgeries on my neck, So I was told that I wouild be off for 4 more months, so I watched them all again, back to back to back. Then the doctor told me last Oct that I could NEVER go back to work, I watched all of them a third time. They don't get old because you have over 700 epis and 10 movies!! Wow!!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Federation Councillor

With me it varies, I can watch an episode at a time, or go through all of TNG in one big run, I can watch a couple of movies in a row or none for a month. Although the new film is a prequel I plan to watch the entire TOS in the run up to it's release so I'm in that TOS frame of mind!
Old 11-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Lieutenant

I watch at least three TOS episodes (thank you, CBS.com) a week, and frequently watch the first six movies.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Lieutenant

Hi
its great you have the time now to watch star trek. I have a 14 month old daughter and with work and everything else i dont get much time to watch ST as much as id like. Ill probably put TOS episodes on twice a week maybe or a movie. Somethimes though ill put on my favourite moment and just watch that. It might even be a piece of music. For example ill sometimes put on ST5 TFF when they are on route to the God planet and land in the shuttle. i also love TOS bits and pieces - specific moments in films and episoes too and watch those over and over. i have some of the wonderful music to ST and listen to that on my way to work in the car.

ST takes you away from it all. its also funny, offers warmth, excitement , friendship, adventure and there is a sense of belonging/family even. add to that those wonderful characters we have all come to love and your on a winner.

starbase Britain
Old 11-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlescott View Post
Ok I wasn't quite sure where to put this question, but since it has somewhat to do with the new movie, I'll try here. Since all the hoopla about the new movie did it change how much Star Trek you regularly watch? Since I am on that topic, How much Star Trek do you watch on a weekly basis? Since I have taken my early retirement due to a neck problem, I have watched Star Trek on a daily basis. Some form of Star Trek, at least one episode or movie. I realize that I have more time on my hands trying to get used to being home all the time, I have used the last year reacquainted with the franchise. Sometimes I feel that I can't get enough!!!! What about you? How much do you watch on a weekly basis and has the new movie coming made you watch more???
I don't know if the schedule is the same everywhere, but here we get an episode at 6 am on TV Land every morning. We have a regular routine of it being on while getting ready for work (except here lately, where some of that time has been spent on Fox News watching election coverage. After tomorrow, I believe we'll be back into the same routine again).

We also watch Voyager sometimes when we can catch it.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbase Britain View Post
Hi
its great you have the time now to watch star trek. I have a 14 month old daughter and with work and everything else i dont get much time to watch ST as much as id like. Ill probably put TOS episodes on twice a week maybe or a movie. Somethimes though ill put on my favourite moment and just watch that. It might even be a piece of music. For example ill sometimes put on ST5 TFF when they are on route to the God planet and land in the shuttle. i also love TOS bits and pieces - specific moments in films and episoes too and watch those over and over. i have some of the wonderful music to ST and listen to that on my way to work in the car.

ST takes you away from it all. its also funny, offers warmth, excitement , friendship, adventure and there is a sense of belonging/family even. add to that those wonderful characters we have all come to love and your on a winner.

starbase Britain
I agree with you on the music, it is great! Right now I have 3 of the movie soundtracks in my changer. That music can take you back!!! It is great!
Old 11-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSpockette View Post
I don't know if the schedule is the same everywhere, but here we get an episode at 6 am on TV Land every morning. We have a regular routine of it being on while getting ready for work (except here lately, where some of that time has been spent on Fox News watching election coverage. After tomorrow, I believe we'll be back into the same routine again).

We also watch Voyager sometimes when we can catch it.
I hadn't even thought of it being on TV! We get Ent every day at 5pm on SciFi, and on Spike, Voyager At 2Pm and 1am. DS9 is on Spike everyday at 2am. TOS is on NBC every Saturday evening at 7pm and it is remastered!!!