The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > theory of why kirk crawls out of an esc pod
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH The KING View Post
5- Kirk crawls out, reaches the surfface, looks up at the sky and shouts "NEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

If this isn't allready in the script it needs to be added and filmed for the movie!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Admiral

I'm sure it will be in the "deleted scenes". (you just have to know Pine will have done it for at least one take)

On the black shirt...it's entirely possible that they just realized that Pine looks outstanding in black and it makes him really stand out in the scenes. I mean, he just totally dominates every picture he's been in.

Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
Wasn't Captain Pike all burned and in that wheelchair thing before Kirk and Spock served together on the Enterprise? I am not certain if this, but I think that is the way it was explained in that TOS episode.

I just read the episode synopsis on StarTrek.com and I was wrong. There is nothing that says Pike was crippled prior to Kirk and Spock serving together. In fact I just realized Pike served as Captain on the Enterprise just prior to Kirk taking command. So my original thought was all out of whack!!! Please ignore this post
Well, if you are like me, and only really consider ‘Cannon’ what appears on screen, then it is clear that Pike was injured long AFTER Kirk took command, in the TOS episode just before Kirk meets Pike, the admiral explains the details of the training accident that resulted in Pike’s injuries. This training accident was a very recent event. Kirk also reminisces about meeting Pike when he was promoted.

On the ice planet thing, I think that Rura Penthe is a good theory, considering that we now know that there are in fact ‘Klingon Guards’ in the cast. It makes sense to me that Kirk was doing some kind of rescue/sabotage mission and the pod was used to get him close to the base undetected.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJones View Post
LOL!

Seriously, though, I think it's simply an alternate tunic, not an undershirt or an indication of "trainee" (or other) status. It's "relevance" to the story could be that Kirk purposefully wears it to flaunt his rebellious nature (everyone else running around in full duty uniform, Kirk refusing to do so and instead wearing this).

This is a good theory. Here is a quote from the MTV article:

Quote:
When asked why Kirk was wearing black instead of the standard yellow captain’s shirt, Lindelof said that the black uniform is “significant” to the story surrounding this scene.
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/10/15...rprise-bridge/
We did see Kirk in different captain's shirts in TOS. i.e. the gold one and the green one