The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > What I’d like to see come about from this new movie?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Admiral

Smile What I’d like to see come about from this new movie?

Well, a new series would be a priority, but, with absolutely no tie-ins or crossovers to any of the previous series and definitely no mention of the Enterprise or Captain James T Kirk!

Why? Well, think about a it? A fresh new looking series that takes us to a new level of imagination and adventure. Maybe, throw in a totally automated ship with a holographic bridge crew…

Just something different that strikes a cord with everyone, not just us the fans…

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 11-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Vice Admiral

Why even bother with holographic crew if the ship is automated?

I agree a new ship and crew would be a good idea. With Voyager and DS9 Trek outgrew the narrowness of "Enterprise only".

I really want a new series that is post Nemesis in nature. I liked ST:Enterprise because it was a time period previously not covered AND because it was a new crew. I pray that if there is a new series that it is NOT TOS based with new actors. I barely like the idea of this movie, but I have warmed to the idea over time.

I think striking a cord with everyone would be great, but the reality is that fans drive the success of the Trek franchise.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Vice Admiral

I forgot to mention that I would love to see cameo appearances on any new post Nemesis series. I would like to know what happened to all the characters we already know from TNG, Voyager, and DS9. Also updates on everthing from the reconstruction of Cardassia to the admission of Bajor into the Federation would be great to see!
Old 11-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Vice Admiral

I'd like to see more info on Tholians.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatjosh View Post
I'd like to see more info on Tholians.
I avtually think we will see Tholian involvement in the new movie, but in a series I would like to see more with the Tholians as well. I have enjoyed the Tholian storyline in the Vanguard books and find them to be very interesting. I like the fact they are not humanoid.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Lieutenant Commander

I'd like to see one or 2 of those flings you only heard about in past-tense in TOS - like maybe Kirk's original hook-up w/ Ruth from Shore Leave, for example...
Old 11-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Ensign

25th Century. 100 (or more) years after Nemesis. The Dominion is fallen, the universe is essentially at peace but the federation has acquired so much new technology and power it has become a menace of its own creation. Its spread is so large that it has become impossible to control and support all regions. Half of the universe plunges into chaos and the other half squabbles in greed. Enter our new Ship and Crew. These are the voyages of some starship that still upholds the values of 23rd century Starfleet.

I don't even know if they've written what happens in the 25th or 26th century but it would be awesome to see an expansion of the Rodenberry universe that can introduce new technology, new races and new politics.

Most importantly we need a new crew.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetanus4breakfast View Post
Its spread is so large that it has become impossible to control and support all regions. Half of the universe plunges into chaos and the other half squabbles in greed..
I can see it now: Federation tribunals are dissolved, regional governors are given terrible weapons to keep local star systems in line, and rebellions are breaking out everywhere, and there's this kid Luke who... oh wait, wrong franchise!

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 11-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
I can see it now: Federation tribunals are dissolved, regional governors are given terrible weapons to keep local star systems in line, and rebellions are breaking out everywhere, and there's this kid Luke who... oh wait, wrong franchise!
haha! touche.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Fleet Admiral

Nah, just tired from working all weekend and having a laugh, Tetanus. Plenty of merit in your idea without my silly references!

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!