The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Sexy Prof Strips for Students & Halloween Spooks School Board
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2008, 06:18 AM
Commander

Default Sexy Prof Strips for Students & Halloween Spooks School Board

I just found it really funny that these two articles came out the same day:

Article #1. Sexy Prof Strips for Students

Article #2. Halloween Spooks School Board

Talk about one extreme to the next.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:10 AM
Fleet Admiral

Unsure if this should be reported

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 10-31-2008, 09:41 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
Unsure if this should be reported

I guess you're for "Black and Orange Day."

Last edited by Enterprise Captain : 10-31-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:18 PM
Captain

Although I'm an atheist, people taking the religion out of holidays with religious origins flatly pisses me off.
"Now I did a job -- and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job... and then I get paid. Go run your little world."
Old 10-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Lieutenant

Im fairly religious but halloween is just about having fun and playing around. If it offends some people then im sorry but its all about having fun.

p.s i wouldnt mind having her for a teacher....
Old 10-31-2008, 03:53 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Although I'm an atheist, people taking the religion out of holidays with religious origins flatly pisses me off.
Agreed. 'Freedom of religion' means that everyone should be free to celebrate their beliefs publicly - not that they should continually self-censor for the sake of others' eggshell sensitivities.

:edit: And as for that teacher - unexpected, and perhaps a bit shocking, but she remained decently covered so it doesn't seem like any real harm was done. I'm sure most 15-year old males wouldn't feel 'traumatised' by such an occurrence, anyway In somewhere like America, she'd have been sacked on the spot of course - but Europe's generally a little less conservative about that kind of thing. I can see both sides of the issue - the side that says "it was all in good fun and kept pretty reasonable" and the side that says, "it's repugnantly demeaning to all the young women in her class." I suppose it's fair that she should keep her job - you don't need to dismiss a good teacher because of one incident - but she should certainly be reprimanded for acting inappropriately, suggestively and unprofessionally in front of room full of minors.

Last edited by Big D : 10-31-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:07 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
Agreed. 'Freedom of religion' means that everyone should be free to celebrate their beliefs publicly - not that they should continually self-censor for the sake of others' eggshell sensitivities.

:edit: And as for that teacher - unexpected, and perhaps a bit shocking, but she remained decently covered so it doesn't seem like any real harm was done. I'm sure most 15-year old males wouldn't feel 'traumatised' by such an occurrence, anyway In somewhere like America, she'd have been sacked on the spot of course - but Europe's generally a little less conservative about that kind of thing. I can see both sides of the issue - the side that says "it was all in good fun and kept pretty reasonable" and the side that says, "it's repugnantly demeaning to all the young women in her class." I suppose it's fair that she should keep her job - you don't need to dismiss a good teacher because of one incident - but she should certainly be reprimanded for acting inappropriately, suggestively and unprofessionally in front of room full of minors.

I agree that political correctness had gone much too far with all the holidays. Not once have I ever been offended by a Christmas tree or by someone wishing me a Merry Christmas. I say Merry Christmas to all my Christian friends and I am not bothered in the least by holiday decorations of any denomination. If I felt that strongly, I would have moved to Israel a long time ago.

You're right. In America, that teacher would have gotten her walking papers. It was inappropriate but when you have other teachers having sex witih minors, I think everything is put in perspective. I remember back in high-school, they had hired a new teacher right out of college and had the great forsight to have her teach math to the seniors. Not the middle-schoolers, but the 18 year-old horn dogs! One of them stood up in class once and said, "Hey Ms. M_____, if you give me an A, I'll take you to the prom!"
Old 10-31-2008, 07:23 PM
Vice Admiral

As usual, South Park summed it up the best with the episode where they all ended up wearing grey for their "holiday show." I'm no Christian either, but the name of the freaking holiday is CHRISTmas. As long as the student choir sings a few Hannukah and Kwanzaa songs, who cares? Or maybe they should just sing Mr. Garretson's song?

As for stripping teachers, I'm all for that. How come the English (sorry, the British) are so cool?
Old 10-31-2008, 08:02 PM
Lieutenant

I just think its funny that jerhanners a girl and shes all for stripping teachers xD
Old 10-31-2008, 10:10 PM
Commander

I don't see why we all can't enjoy the holidays, each in our own way, without so much controversy. I'm a believer, and I'm with The Saint on this. If you don't subscribe to the religion, you don't have to celebrate the holiday. And just because you don't subscribe to the religion, doesn't mean you can't enjoy a religious holiday in your own way as well.
What's wrong with a little old fashioned "live and let live"?