The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > New Pics and a great one of Spock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Commander

Is that the main viewer in the background of this photo?

That's what I thought when I first saw it. It's hard to tell.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Lieutenant

The bridge is multilevel, so was the original TOS bridge.... but the levels are only about a foot apart in height
Old 10-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannerwaterbury View Post
Not exactly, this font seems to be much thinner and rounder. The movie versions were more sharp with corners of words.
The lettering seen behind Spock is almost dead on to the lettering seen on the 1701 refitt and the 1701-A. The letters themselves had a thin red outline, just like what we see behind Spock.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
The bridge is multilevel, so was the original TOS bridge.... but the levels are only about a foot apart in height
Yeah aware of that....what I thought I had read somehere was and upper deck in what was otherwise the ceiling in every other Trek incarnation.

Like a deck ring above with folks monitoring stations. I didn't like the inference of the idea and still dont, I just wondered if anyone else recalls.

On a side note, I especially liked this comparison pic.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Admiral

Default it's only my opinion but…

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhaige View Post
Yeah aware of that....what I thought I had read somehere was and upper deck in what was otherwise the ceiling in every other Trek incarnation.

Like a deck ring above with folks monitoring stations. I didn't like the inference of the idea and still dont, I just wondered if anyone else recalls.

On a side note, I especially liked this comparison pic.

There was also a toilet to the right of the main viewscreen. It's on the plans, there is also a maintenance corridor which runs around the bridge behind the workstations.

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 10-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Ensign

from what I can tell....ref. (the pic of Spock in front of the veiwscreen/ window)...if it is the main veiwscreen, then the lettering on the hull is way too close and may perhaps be simply another insignia and not the NCC-1701 at the leading edge of saucer. It could read NCC-1701( looks like a backwards 7 and an 0), just closer the the bridge...but that's just my op.

Peace and long life
Old 10-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Commander

Why is Kirk the only crewmember not wearing a standard starfleet uniform? Yeah, I know, it's a Captain's uniform, it's crucial to the scene, it's necessary for whatever reason for the continuity of the film. But he looks as out of place as a lost tooth when everyone else is wearing their appropriate color-coded uniform. There has to be some reason why. And you notice that in the comparison pic, Kirk has a clearly visible delta symbol on his chest and in the movie stills, the delta is the same black color as the shirt and incredibly difficult to see. Is this Kirk from a mirror universe or what? Is he a clone? Is he only acting Captain, like Wesley Crusher was an acting Ensign? I just cannot fathom the significance or purpose of dressing him differently. Is he a starfleet officer, or isn't he?
Old 10-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurHood View Post
Why is Kirk the only crewmember not wearing a standard starfleet uniform? Yeah, I know, it's a Captain's uniform, it's crucial to the scene, it's necessary for whatever reason for the continuity of the film. But he looks as out of place as a lost tooth when everyone else is wearing their appropriate color-coded uniform. There has to be some reason why. And you notice that in the comparison pic, Kirk has a clearly visible delta symbol on his chest and in the movie stills, the delta is the same black color as the shirt and incredibly difficult to see. Is this Kirk from a mirror universe or what? Is he a clone? Is he only acting Captain, like Wesley Crusher was an acting Ensign? I just cannot fathom the significance or purpose of dressing him differently. Is he a starfleet officer, or isn't he?
It looks to me like he's wearing the same black undergarment as everyone else. He just doesn't have the color-coded uniform overshirt. I have no idea what the significance of that is, though.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Commander

In terms of the Viewscreen/Window debate, I think it is a viewscreen, but made to look and feel just like a window.

It hints at the advanced holographic imaging capabilities in a subtle way, and the viewer could be configured to display almost anything in 3d or 2d depending on the situation.

It also looks like it uses display overlays to display key data without being intrusive on the object of the display.

This is, from a UI design perspective, excellent, functional and elegant.

Very much what would be needed on a sophisticated 23rd century space vessel, such as the Enterprise.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Vice Admiral

guys its the viewscreen for sure,watch the blinking dots that come close to each other and move away