The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Giants win SuperBowl XLII!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Rear Admiral

Cool Giants win SuperBowl XLII!

'nuff said!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Commander

Biggest choke job EVER! Worse than BUCKNAH!!*

(Bill Buckner was the 1st baseman for the Boston Red Sox during the 1986 World Series against the New York Mets. During game 6, the Sox are up 3-2 when Mookie Wilson comes to bat for the Mets. He fouls off a couple before grounding one to first, which somehow gets under Buckner's glove between his legs. The Mets would go on to win games 6 and 7. This error by Buckner is seen as the reason why the Red Sox lost that World Series.)
Old 02-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Lieutenant

Since I'm a baseball fan more than football I'm going to have to disagree and say that the Buckner is still bigger on a count of the Red Sox had not won the world series in 68 years I believe it was.

Just my opinion, who is also a Cubs fan and knows a thing or two about chokes...

Old 02-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Ensign

I surprised that the Giants could pull it out but good for them! "Well done" as they say!

Kevin
Old 02-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_of_the_Enterprise View Post
Since I'm a baseball fan more than football I'm going to have to disagree and say that the Buckner is still bigger on a count of the Red Sox had not won the world series in 68 years I believe it was.

Just my opinion, who is also a Cubs fan and knows a thing or two about chokes...

Well, now we can share Cub fandom AND Star Trek fandom together my friend. Bartman's our Buckner.

However, let's hear it from you Boston Trekkies: Is the Pat's choke job worse than Buckner's?
Old 02-04-2008, 06:30 AM
Lieutenant

Right up there with the 49ers/Bengals Super Bowl. Hard fought, close, last minute win. Excellent. Only sad thing is, we're down to the Pro Bowl (joy, joy) until the draft gets here in April for the football 'fix'.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon_Coast_Trekkie View Post
However, let's hear it from you Boston Trekkies: Is the Pat's choke job worse than Buckner's?
No, Buckner was worse. The main thing about the '86 Series was there was a series of events that led to their downfall. The Sox were one strike away from winning for the first time since 1918, then they allowed two runs and a runner in scoring position in the bottom of the 10th inning. Buckner's blunder was just the nail in the coffin.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Ensign

I don't think they choked, the Giants just had a fire in their bellies that burned for 60 minutes. The Patriots could not get anything going consistentyl. They pressured Brady and kept Moss insignificant.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Well, it's Monday Morning Quarterback, so here are some more thoughts on that game.

-I still think it was one of the best Super Bowls I've seen in a long time (Probably since the one with Carolina and New England).

-I really did like Belicheck's attitude during the whole Spygate thing (He can't change the past) but what happened yesterday was totally classless. Leaving before the game was over and I know it was only one second but he just looked really bad.

-I was also questioning Brady's class yesterday as well. He showed more than Belicheck, but he had some attitude. As a 49er fan, I was thinking that Brady was starting to be the best QB ever to play in Football and I'm kind of glad that it's still Joe Montana. Also, I think it's how you win the game that puts you on top. Brady has never had to work really hard for a win. Montana worked magic all the time. What happened yesterday was a one step forward two steps back type deal.

-It was so awesome seeing Lott, Rice and Young at midfield yesterday. I was the only 49er fan in the party and I was cheering. God it's so fun remembering greatness. It almost puts this season out of the memory.

-Jordin Sparks did awesome for the National Anthem. That was the best rendition since the Dixie Chicks in 2003 for the Raiders Bucs super bowl. Well done

-I still don't like Eli Manning's decision to not go to San Diego, (Still strikes me as arrogant) but I have to respect him for yesterday. What a game

-Keith Olbermann usually did a Worst Person in the NFL every Sunday Night. Well, I think now the worst person in the NFL is Tiki Barber. I really wonder what he has to say today. Pity NBC can't fire him for being an idiot because that's exactly what he is.

-Now that Football is over, it's time to focus on other sports like Hockey, Basketball (Both getting really good now), Baseball starting, and one more thing:

Boogity Boogity Boogity Lets Go Racing Boys.

Daytona 500, 2 weeks from Yesterday. Can't wait.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomalak301 View Post

Boogity Boogity Boogity Lets Go Racing Boys.

Daytona 500, 2 weeks from Yesterday. Can't wait.

DAMN, I thought I was the only half redneck that followed NASCAR.

I'm a Jimmy Johnson fan, have been since he joined with Gordon. *don't hurt me*

"It might not be so bad. For all we know the Vorta could be gluttonous, alcoholic sex maniacs."
~Quark and Ziyal