The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > The Shat Slams Takei
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2008, 04:49 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default The Shat Slams Takei

“Star Trek” star William Shatner is slamming former co-star George Takei for being “psychotic” and “sick” in a new Internet video clip.

“There is such a sickness there,” Shatner said. “It’s so patently obvious that there is a psychosis there. I don’t know what his original thing about me was. I have no idea.”

According to a report in the Daily Mail, Shatner’s rant was a response to Takei deliberately not inviting him to his civil wedding ceremony to his boyfriend last month.

In the video, Shatner claims that no one cared when Takei finally came out of the closet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAeLFjNCb3A

“He has continued to speak badly about me for all these years. Obviously, hiding his homosexuality — talk about festering and not living the truth of your life and feeling badly about yourself — and being fearful somebody would find out about this terrible, terrible secret, so he thought," Shatner said.

“Finally at the age of, I think, 70, he decides to come out of the closet and say, ‘I'm gay.’ … Like, who cares? Be gay. Don't be gay. That's up to you George.”

Takei has expressed his negative feelings toward Shatner, claiming that his ego was unbearable on "Star Trek."

For his part, Shatner downplayed Takei’s role in the cult science-fiction series, saying he barely knew him because he was so rarely on the set, the Mail reported.

“I didn't know him very well on the series. He would come in for a day or two, as evidenced by the part he played," Shatner said. "Then on the movies, there occasionally. I didn't know the man.

“It's sad. I feel nothing but pity for him.”
Old 10-23-2008, 05:19 AM
Lieutenant

I really hate this part about celebrities. Why adults feel the need to publicly go after one another, I don't know. I wish they'd just keep it between themselves and go on living their lives.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:49 AM
Vice Admiral

Just when you thought that ego couldn't get any bigger, poof! Off it goes. What a goober.
Besides, would you want him at YOUR wedding? I'd rather have the rest of the cast.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:40 AM
Federation Councillor

When it comes to Shat vs anyone else he's having a spat with, I usually find it wise to go with whomever his opponent is. Shat's ego really knows no bounds whatsoever, and he's attacked just about everyone else over the years as well. There may be blame on both sides, but Shat is generally over the top these days.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:19 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Well to be fair, Takei does take the cake as far as being a vindictive person. He's an all out jackass, pardon my language. He had a bit part in a 60's TV show and he complains because one of the stars of the show got close ups and recognition and he didn't.

Suck it up Takei. Stop being a jerk and let bygones be bygones.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:28 AM
Federation Councillor

Then they're both as bad as each other. When they get old, TV actors really do start behaving like schoolchildren again.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

Maybe it was all those years of Shatner making "f&g" jokes on the set, while George was still closeted... you tend to get a jaundiced view of someone when they do that... they thinking that you too, are straight.

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
Maybe it was all those years of Shatner making "f&g" jokes on the set, while George was still closeted... you tend to get a jaundiced view of someone when they do that... they thinking that you too, are straight.
Yeah but come on man. That's not even a valid argument. I know plenty of gay dudes that call each other f&gs and they're not writing books 20 years later about how much they hate each other.

It's one of those double standards like the "N" word. I don't care what black people say, it doesn't change meaning when they use it or if I use it. It's still a divisive word.

Shatner is a known homophobe...there's nothing wrong with that. It's his preference. And I think that's why Takei hates the man so much.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post
Yeah but come on man. That's not even a valid argument. I know plenty of gay dudes that call each other f&gs and they're not writing books 20 years later about how much they hate each other.

It's one of those double standards like the "N" word. I don't care what black people say, it doesn't change meaning when they use it or if I use it. It's still a divisive word.

Shatner is a known homophobe...there's nothing wrong with that. It's his preference. And I think that's why Takei hates the man so much.
I don't care about personal problemes of actors, it is their business so I don't comment it, but there is a lot wrong with homophobia, just like there is a lot wrong with racism or sexism or any other form of hatred or discrimination.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
I don't care about personal problemes of actors, it is their business so I don't comment it, but there is a lot wrong with homophobia, just like there is a lot wrong with racism or sexism or any other form of hatred or discrimination.
**Edited because I don't want to get into an argument over a lifestyle choice**

Let's just agree to disagree on that point. People are people. That's all.

Last edited by WildGunsTomcat : 10-23-2008 at 12:29 PM.