The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > U.S.S Kelvin what class ship?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Ensign

Post U.S.S Kelvin what class ship?

Hi Guys from Capt Kirk not posted in a while sorry. Ok we ve seen the brilliant pics and thank you from Uk fans to trekmovie.com for allowing us to view the pics.

Anyway sorry to go on. As we ve now seen one ship for new flim The Uss Kelvin is she a new class of vessel, or just a class we ve not seen appear in TOS and is she kirk's first command.

And for kirk's uniform i think it s just a blk undershirt instead of gold uniform .

But yea i like the New bridge .

Live Long And Prosper from the uk.

Last edited by Capt-Kirk : 10-21-2008 at 02:26 PM. Reason: mistakes, and spelling
Old 10-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Vice Admiral

who knows? LOL

Old 10-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Banned

The class of ship the USS Kelvin belongs to is unknown so far, so I thought I'd come up with one, we, (the fans) can use till we find out. (It also adds the Lost referance to Trek 11 too, like there were refences in the Mission Impossible 3 closing credits, and the opening credits of Cloverfeild).And as the comic apparently ties in TNG from Unification, I've used the Galaxy class development logo. I was playing around with the idea of calling it the Hanso class, but after the debate and mystery the Kelvin pictures have brought, Dharma seemed to fit.

Enjoy! (The original sized one is attached).

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dharma Class Development logo USS Kelvin class.jpg (47.4 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Chroniton : 11-12-2008 at 07:28 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Vice Admiral

Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Terra - ZZ9 PluralZAlpha

Nice, but what about the time travel aspect? What is the name of the guy who sees the future again? I forget...

(And an indirectly founding patron of the Elizadolots Avatar Thingy.)
Old 10-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Lieutenant

Yes, she is a new class of ship.
No, she is not Kirk's first command.
No, she did not exist when Kirk was alive, it was roughly a century prior to that.
This scene is within 10 years after the end of Enterprise and set during the Earth-Romulan War.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Ensign

Default CPT Robau's Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt-Kirk View Post
Hi Guys from Capt Kirk not posted in a while sorry. Ok we ve seen the brilliant pics and thank you from Uk fans to trekmovie.com for allowing us to view the pics.

Anyway sorry to go on. As we ve now seen one ship for new flim The Uss Kelvin is she a new class of vessel, or just a class we ve not seen appear in TOS and is she kirk's first command.

And for kirk's uniform i think it s just a blk undershirt instead of gold uniform .

But yea i like the New bridge .

Live Long And Prosper from the uk.
I believe this is going to be CPT Robau's Command. (who the Fu@k is that)
Lol, well from what i have been reading on here that i hope hasnt slipped passed everyone quietly, but i do believe that Faran Tahir will play CPT Robau.

this is an excerpt from an interview at this site: http://trekmovie.com/2008/06/03/tahir/

Tahir on his role:
My character is a Captain of a Federation Ship. I don’t know why they chose me to play a human (laughs). It’s a ship that hasn’t been seen before. But beyond that, they want us to keep it all kind of hush-hush. All I can say is that it’s a heroic character, it’s a good guy. Because it’s a known story, we want to keep as much unrevealed as possible so that the experience happens while you’re in the theater
And more from Tahir from Sci-fi.com @ http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=53031

All in all I think that Tahir is the Commander of the Kelvin who happens to stumble into the beginning of the Earth-Romulan War. If anyone else has seen or read similiar articles please feel free to put them up.

Joe
Old 10-21-2008, 04:14 PM
Ensign

As we know the constituion class represented the pinacle of starfleet engineering i.e. front line explorer/battle ships so maybe if this part of the film is set during the earth/romulan conflict maybe the kelvin is a front line cruiser a step towards the development of the constituion class starships and has a link towards kirk i.e. father or grandfather and nero sets out to originally disrupt the timeline there as he would not be noticed too much flying around in a bird of prey from that timeline but with 24th century firepower and defence systems so to put it...And then it all goes bellyup as a 23rd century enterprise intervenes and so the chase is then on to right the timeline....I`m still putting money on nero being an outcast romulan commander...Either way whatever stories or theories we come up with i doubt we`ll hit the nail on the head
Old 10-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Lieutenant

This ship doesn't look like it would be THAT old...TOS, maybe EARLY TOS but certainly not Romulan War old.....
Old 10-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Rear Admiral

I definitely think it's a post-Romulan War vessel. Possibly launched around the very early 23rd-Century, so it would still be older than the Constitution-class, IMO...
Old 10-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
Yes, she is a new class of ship.
No, she is not Kirk's first command.
No, she did not exist when Kirk was alive, it was roughly a century prior to that.
This scene is within 10 years after the end of Enterprise and set during the Earth-Romulan War.
Where has that been revealed? It looks much closer to TOS/movie era ship design than ENT design.