The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Star Trek XI soundtrack
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Stevie's Avatar
Stevie Stevie is offline
Midshipman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 11
Default Star Trek XI soundtrack

I've always enjoyed the music from the Star Trek movies and collected every soundtrack so I'm eagerly looking forward to hearing how the latest incarnation's gonna sound. I understand it's gonna have an original series theme to it, but I hope it's a bit beefed up, or maybe incorporate the motion picture/TNG theme in places. That's the main Star Trek theme to me - always will be! Jerry Goldsmith is a pure legend! Let's hope they do him proud.
__________________
'Unsinkabe ships sink, unbreakable walls break, sometimes the things you think could never happen, happen just like that!'
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-03-2008, 02:48 PM
HRH The KING's Avatar
HRH The KING HRH The KING is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Royal Estates
Posts: 733
Default

I would suggest Thomas or David Newman for the soundtrack
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Aaleck's Avatar
Aaleck Aaleck is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 277
Default

The music within the movie will be totally different... I think
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-03-2008, 03:47 PM
sir num nums sir num nums is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sherwood, AR
Posts: 2,357
Default

I liked ST:VI soundtrack, it was different and yet respected Star Trek. Hopefully the new soundtrack for ST:11 will do the same.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-03-2008, 04:10 PM
NCC-73515's Avatar
NCC-73515 NCC-73515 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 7,229
Default

Hospital Chase from ST IV was great... as was the title music
__________________


"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Porthos Porthos is offline
Midshipman
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6
Default

I love Michael Giacchino's work on Lost and Alias. His use of strings and electronics in his scores just amazes me, and should make a really great sound for the film.
Although, I have to agree that Jerry Goldsmith's scores won't ever be beaten.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-03-2008, 04:33 PM
squire_of_gothos's Avatar
squire_of_gothos squire_of_gothos is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir num nums View Post
I liked ST:VI soundtrack, it was different and yet respected Star Trek. Hopefully the new soundtrack for ST:11 will do the same.
ST:VI was a favorite of mine as well...so somber and forboding in places, very atypical.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-03-2008, 04:42 PM
intrepid's Avatar
intrepid intrepid is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
I've always enjoyed the music from the Star Trek movies and collected every soundtrack so I'm eagerly looking forward to hearing how the latest incarnation's gonna sound. I understand it's gonna have an original series theme to it, but I hope it's a bit beefed up, or maybe incorporate the motion picture/TNG theme in places. That's the main Star Trek theme to me - always will be! Jerry Goldsmith is a pure legend! Let's hope they do him proud.
Though it may have been among the worst of the films, in terms of the soundtrack i'd have to say Star Trek V is the best... it really seemed special in a lot of ways i'd like to see something like that.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-03-2008, 05:18 PM
brokenbacktango's Avatar
brokenbacktango brokenbacktango is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
I love Michael Giacchino's work on Lost and Alias. His use of strings and electronics in his scores just amazes me, and should make a really great sound for the film.
Although, I have to agree that Jerry Goldsmith's scores won't ever be beaten.
I know Giacchino has done the scoring for a lot of Abrams' work, but has it been confirmed that he'll do so with Trek as well?

If so, bring it on! I have to admit, I would like to see an infusion of different elements... certainly themes from the original series but also something wildly different, like what BSG did with their soundtrack(s). Bear McCreary did an incredible job with that show.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-03-2008, 05:46 PM
trekkie1701D's Avatar
trekkie1701D trekkie1701D is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 114
Default

Yes, its been confirmed (trekmovie has an interview with him)

I'm looking forward to getting the CD!
__________________
Brian

Feel free to look at my Trek stuff (including Bedroom, prop replicas and STTE) available HERE
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:38 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.