The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > New Enterprise...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Captain

TNG was first-run syndication, never on a network. Scheduling was up to individual stations. Mine was the NBC affiliate, Sunday night, after the late news.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Lieutenant

Actually, I had 3 of em, on the first one the halves of the saucer broke apart (shoddy riveting), on the second the nacelles broke off (car), the third was simply lost
Old 11-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
Actually, I had 3 of em, on the first one the halves of the saucer broke apart (shoddy riveting), on the second the nacelles broke off (car), the third was simply lost
Ow wow...the worst that happened to mine is the paint started to chip. So I tried to match the color and repaint, leaving only the lettering and such unpainted
There's a bunch on ebay for about 10...I'd love to get a new one...well...2. One in the original package and of course one to open.
http://cgi.ebay.com/1988-Next-Generation-Diecast-U-S-S-Enterprise-Starship_W0QQitemZ280282758143QQcmdZViewItemQQptZL H_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item280282758143&_trksid=p3 286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1417|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3 A1|240%3A1318
Old 11-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Ensign

Personally I think that the ship will be much like the TOS/Movie version with a few little touches to make it fresh. Recently on Foundation3D someone posted this pic which I think will be close to the final version:

http://www.foundation3d.com/
Old 11-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcrawford View Post
Personally I think that the ship will be much like the TOS/Movie version with a few little touches to make it fresh. Recently on Foundation3D someone posted this pic which I think will be close to the final version:

http://www.foundation3d.com/
Yeah, That's Gabe Koerner's (SP) design. I have compared the teaser to his designs, and have already predicted that regardless of Gabe's denial of participation in this project (which I proposed was a contract obligation) since JJ wants TOTAL secrecy in regards to the Big-E...
However, this is the first time I've seen this particular view of Gabe's design! And it's a beaut!! Thanks
Old 11-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Ensign

Actually, that's not Gabe's Enterprise. It's made by a very talented guy over at scifi-meshes.com...

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/3...nterprise.html

Last edited by Daniel Broadway : 11-05-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen View Post
Yeah, That's Gabe Koerner's (SP) design. I have compared the teaser to his designs, and have already predicted that regardless of Gabe's denial of participation in this project (which I proposed was a contract obligation) since JJ wants TOTAL secrecy in regards to the Big-E...
However, this is the first time I've seen this particular view of Gabe's design! And it's a beaut!! Thanks
To be honest, I hope that the final version is not Gabe’s design (at least the one I have seen online) as it is two angular in nature, the Enterprise looks best sleek and simple in my view, I think that the 1701-A is the best design to date.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Vice Admiral

I think that this particular design is the best I have seen so far. It retains the look of the original Enterprise with just enough "tweaking" to make it look modern and up to date. I've seen many re-imaginings of the NCC-1701 including Gabe's design, but this one by deg is absolutely beautiful to me. I think if they are going to update the look of the Big-E, this one should be it. Check out his site. There are a lot more views. And as cool as Gabe's design is, it just won't work. It's too rough, "clunky" and military looking for my taste.

http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3245
Old 11-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcrawford View Post
To be honest, I hope that the final version is not Gabe’s design (at least the one I have seen online) as it is two angular in nature, the Enterprise looks best sleek and simple in my view, I think that the 1701-A is the best design to date.
I'm with you....Normally I like the angular look.
Like the Enterprise Class but this is too much and far too much detail.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen View Post
I'm curious: what would be the reason or purpose for swearing Koerner to secrecy about his supposed participation in the design of the film's ship? If actual artwork OF the eventual design isn't leaked, I'm not sure why his name or association would need to be a dark, contractual secret?

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!