The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > What are you hoping that the movie will accomplish?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2008, 07:26 AM
Midshipman

Post What are you hoping that the movie will accomplish?

As a Trekkie, or Trekker if you prefer, I of course hope the movie does well. But I wonder what everyone is thinking about AFTER a successful movie?

Star Trek lived more through T.V. then the movies. This cast, because of some of the Big Stars, will not create T.V. series. So where does this go?

You can't have a pre-quel T.V. series, that's the only series that has died. So what do you do after this movie that sets the light on the stage back to The Original Series (TOS).

Again, I'm just curious for some input. Assuming, and hoping, that the movie is a Blockbuster success, what's your next move?

Old 02-03-2008, 07:29 AM
Lieutenant

Well we don't know if this will be a stand alone movie, its been speculated that this could be part of a trilogy, either way I think you need to have more than one movie do well at the box office before you restart the tv series

Old 02-03-2008, 07:32 AM
Rear Admiral

I still think doing a TV Series while making movies just cheapens the entire thing.

It over saturates ever thing, and makes the creativity a little harder.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Ensign

A half decent film in it's own right. Another, if the support is there from the Studio, which it definitely wasn't for my show.

I liked Enterprise but it was in the wrong place at the wrong time. That's why it got didn't run and run like TNG/DS9/VOY. TV has unrealistic expectations on the numbers today. BSG ain't gonna last much longer either, despite Sci Fi settling for a fraction the ratings of a Lost or a Heroes.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:16 AM
Midshipman

First this one stand alone movie. To start regenerating the franchise. Perhaps a sequel in two, three years. Novelizations.

Then, we'll see. I for one don't think a tv series would be smart... not for another five years or so.

That's what I hope and what I expect will actually happen.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Midshipman

I'm hoping for a new series of movies to re-energize the franchise and for them to find some way to set right Kirk's death in Generations in one of those films. If they were to make another tv show, I would hope that it wouldn't be with Kirk's crew because recasting again for television would muck it up too much. I do have high hopes for this film though and it's the most I've looked forward to a new movie in a while.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Ensign

I think the movie might do half-well at the box-office, and that might be enough to persuade the studio to make a sequel in about 5 years from now. Who knows if there will ever be another series.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Ensign

I figure it is a matter of sitting back, and seeing what direction this single movie makes.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherPike View Post
A half decent film in it's own right. Another, if the support is there from the Studio, which it definitely wasn't for my show.

I liked Enterprise but it was in the wrong place at the wrong time. That's why it got didn't run and run like TNG/DS9/VOY. TV has unrealistic expectations on the numbers today. BSG ain't gonna last much longer either, despite Sci Fi settling for a fraction the ratings of a Lost or a Heroes.
This season is BSG last season.

And if ST:11 does well, they will more than likey not wait 5 years to make another like they did with Nemesis.
If the movie is a hit, they will want it to stay fresh in your head, and would could see ST:12 in 2010 or 2011.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Ensign

A whole new series set in the 25th Century or with the Titan crew. Lastly new fans, young and old.