The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > Define Your Enterprise Fandom.....
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Define your Enterprise Loyalty Level....
I loved Enterprise. It was perfect in everyway. 7 9.21%
I loved Enterprise. There were a few "hit or misses", but mostly Enterprise ROCKED! 34 44.74%
I really liked Enterprise, despite the few canon & continuity issues. 23 30.26%
Enterprise was just "okay" for me, nothing special 5 6.58%
I really didn't care for Enterprise, watched it because I am loyal to Star Trek. 3 3.95%
I only watched the other Trek series 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Ensign

Thumbs up Define Your Enterprise Fandom.....

What's your Enterprise Loyalty Level??
Old 02-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Rear Admiral

I understand to get to Genes vision of a future, something had to happen for that future to be a reality.

But, Enterprise way to dark at times.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Ensign

Loved Enterprise, despite it's flaws. I tend to see those as pretty much intentional.

It was a backwards step from Roddenberry's optimistic view of the future. For me, the more utopian Trek gets the less appealing it is. That's not a bad thing in my book, seeing how we get there can be interesting too. There's a few signposts for that in the series. Humans distrustful of Vulcan motives, able to build bridges with other races like the Andorians because of that and in the end, putting all that aside. All this was just beginning to come into it's own, when they were cut short.

Last edited by ChristopherPike : 02-03-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Loved it, it's major flaw being it's premature cancellation.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Midshipman

Enterprise was the Star Trek series that reached back closest to our own time, and gave us a glimpse of what Earth could be like if we as a race could really start to make that final crucial transition from angry apes to peaceful humans.

That aspect is taken largely for granted in the later series. I feel that Enterprise fits quite nicely into continuity. Many argue that there were things that didn't jibe.

That's the point of a new series: to tell new stories that will surprise, engage and entertain you. If Enterprise was just a connect the dates on a timeline, there would have been no room for the level of intrigue the writers were reaching. They even introduced a plot device that would assure the correct alignment of events in the form of the temporal cold war.

Perhaps it was a bit dark at times, but this was before the Federation, and anyway humanity will always be working out the kinks.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Ensign

I think if you took option 3, 4 and a touch of 5 and mixed them up, then you would get my level of fandom.

I didn't care too much for the series when I first watched it. Over the last couple of years though, I have taken a new look and have come to enjoy it much more.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Midshipman

It was great. Even made a Jolene Blalock Fan site. Videos/wallpapers and the works.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir num nums View Post

But, Enterprise way to dark at times.

I dont understand why alot of people dont like this? The Human race is dark. Why shouldnt star trek? Some of the best episodes were the Xindi War Arc, The Borg, the Dominion War.

Anytime Humans had to over come a powerful enemy was outstanding. Sometimes Humanity is dark. We are humans, we like to Lie, cheat, kill, and steal... sometimes that happens. Im glad trek is Dark at times, and Light other times. It cant be happy all the time. Bleh, I wouldnt watch it. I would just go watch the Disney channel if I wanted to be Happy all the time lol
Old 02-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC2Hard4U View Post
I dont understand why alot of people dont like this? The Human race is dark. Why shouldnt star trek? Some of the best episodes were the Xindi War Arc, The Borg, the Dominion War.

Anytime Humans had to over come a powerful enemy was outstanding. Sometimes Humanity is dark. We are humans, we like to Lie, cheat, kill, and steal... sometimes that happens. Im glad trek is Dark at times, and Light other times. It cant be happy all the time. Bleh, I wouldnt watch it. I would just go watch the Disney channel if I wanted to be Happy all the time lol
Totally agree.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:00 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I think is was the lack of viewership due to the past incarnations of Trek (post TNG)
It doesn't nessesarily mean that DS9 VOY were bad, it was probably because ex-fans found that those strayed from Gene's dream. Then Enterprise came and I guess some were thinking is that it was a been there, done that sort of series with continuity errors.
I think ENT had potential for 7 seasons given a better writing staff, a bit more Judith & Garfield Reeves Stevens and Manny Coto.
but ce la vie...

Last edited by Ready Room : 02-07-2008 at 03:02 AM. Reason: last minute thoughts