The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > First Pics of cast on E Weekly (Please don't look if you don't want t see SPOILERS)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I'm really surprised and disappointed with the new bridge. The thing I've always loved about previous Starfleet bridges is that they've always found a wonderful middle ground between the soulless bright white designs common in 70s sci-fi and the dark run down look of Star Wars.

I was expecting them to move towards the Star Wars extreme, so seeing that they actually zoomed right over to the other direction is quite shocking. I wasn't braced for that.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Lieutenant

DS9Trek

I think we need to see more pics of that bridge before we make our minds up completely. Its definately a new approach thats for sure. overall im really pleased with these pictures. They have managed to keep the look of the old series to a large extent particularly with the uniforms. I am a little concerned that Kirk hasnt got his Gold top on but i think this black thing is for a particualr scene in the movie.

The Bridge isnt anything like we've seen before and this is what concerns most fans so far by the looks of it. Im very happy that the cast do look like their original counterparts - especially McCoy and spock. There is even a swagger and stance from pine resembling shat in that chair. the bogy poistion looks very good.

I believe that Star Trek has finally come home - thank goodness for that. The human adventure is just beggining.

starbase Britain
Old 10-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Lieutenant

Too cool. My patience is getting a real workout though, because I don't know how I'm going to hold out until May. This movie is going to rock!
Old 10-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I quite like the new bridge, myself. It seems more in line with the TOS movie versions than the series bridge.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Vice Admiral

We asked for something........ we got it! LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEEE IT!

Old 10-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Commander

Nice...nice...
Old 10-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Vice Admiral

Yup. I like the new bridge. I think the nays are just because of the style. If you've noticed, in all other movies, they've kept the look partally the same. ( same concept) I think they're trying to make a different trend.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbase Britain View Post
DS9Trek

I think we need to see more pics of that bridge before we make our minds up completely. Its definately a new approach thats for sure. overall im really pleased with these pictures. They have managed to keep the look of the old series to a large extent particularly with the uniforms. I am a little concerned that Kirk hasnt got his Gold top on but i think this black thing is for a particualr scene in the movie.

The Bridge isnt anything like we've seen before and this is what concerns most fans so far by the looks of it. Im very happy that the cast do look like their original counterparts - especially McCoy and spock. There is even a swagger and stance from pine resembling shat in that chair. the bogy poistion looks very good.

I believe that Star Trek has finally come home - thank goodness for that. The human adventure is just beggining.

starbase Britain
I don't need more, I've always disliked that bright white look in sci-fi, so I've seen enough to know it'll never be my cup of tea. To me that kind of look is uninteresting and kinda soulless. The original bridge with its greys, blacks, reds and blues has an instant personality and life.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS9TREK View Post
The original bridge with its greys, blacks, reds and blues has an instant personality and life.
I'm sure the original bridge could have feces smeared all over it and you'd say the same thing JUST BECAUSE it's the original bridge.

Personally, the colors don't bother me but I would have kept like the monitor panels above the stations individual screens instead of one big screen. Not sure about all that glass, would think that might be a little bit of a safety hazard in case of a battle or something. Not dissappointed though! It's definitely different than what I imagined (and I didn't expect it to be like the TOS bridge either.)
Old 10-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Vice Admiral

I'm gonna show alllll my friends @ school :P