The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > New Macbooks! :d
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Commander

Talking New Macbooks! :d

For all you Apple fans out there, Apple just released brand new revisions of the MB and MBP, that MBA has bigger HDD's and SSD's. And the last generation white MB is available with a lower price.

MBW- $999.00
MB- $1,300+
MBA- $1,600+
MBP- $1,999+

and a new Cinema Display for the -Book line, with a built in iSight camera!

The new MB and MBP's are built with a single piece aluminum chassis. There is no signature one button below the tracpad.... Because the trackpad is the button! MB's and MBP's sport a large trackpad, with multi-touch and one finger click. The MBA retains the same trackpad.

the MBW is the same as the last generation Entry-level MacBook. Minus $100

Refurb prices for last-gen lappys have gone down about $200, and prices for recently-put-up-for-sale used G4's and G3's have gone down some as well.

just some candy for the Apple fans!

Also, I wonder if the Enterprise uses Macs. XD
Can you imagine, the first time it leaves space dock. They power on the computers... "Dong" and a minute later "Doo do do do do, do do do doo do..." or w/e it is in the 23'rd century

Mac OS XVII (lol) "Enterprise"
I'd buy it

Last edited by buffs79 : 10-14-2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: wrong OS
Old 10-15-2008, 12:58 AM
Federation Councillor

Sadly I have a Vista laptop just now, but I am an Apple fan (despite the prices!!), I'm wanting to changeover to a mac in the future. Will need to have a little look in my local Apple store when they come in!

As an edit, funnily enough my laptop froze just after I posted this (true!). It must have been reading what I typed!!!

Last edited by kevin : 10-15-2008 at 01:07 AM. Reason: a funny little coincidence!
Old 10-15-2008, 03:26 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Sadly I have a Vista laptop just now, but I am an Apple fan (despite the prices!!), I'm wanting to changeover to a mac in the future. Will need to have a little look in my local Apple store when they come in!

As an edit, funnily enough my laptop froze just after I posted this (true!). It must have been reading what I typed!!!
haha. lol.
yeah, that's the only problem with Macs, the prices. But I'm buying a used PowerBook G4 12-Inch instead of a MB. Waayyyyy cheaper, and does just about the same things, while being Apple's first ultra-portable (with the optical drive! ).