The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > The Next Generation > Which Episode did you first watch in TNG?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Ensign

Encounter At Farpoint... the 2 hour movie and then every episode since...

I agree... it took a LOT to stick with TNG those first two seasons, but once the third season hit, Star Trek was back!
Old 02-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

"Encounter at Farpoint"
I was also in college at the time.
Myself and two friends watched the premier.
We taped it, and I used the editing equipment to cut
together all the shots of the ship. We then played
them in a loop at a party we hosted the next weekend.
I had several monitors placed around the DJ's table.
When the first view of the Enterprise popped up, two
guys ran over to the monitor and sat down, expecting
to see the whole two-hours. They were a little disappointed.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Ensign

Don't recall the exact episode, but, at the time, it was always on when I got off from work at midnight. I would pass it by like, Isnt there anything on?

Then one day I decided to watch an episode, and I was hooked!
Old 02-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Captain

Far Point, October something, 1987, Sunday night, 10:35pm, after the late news.

I recorded it on VHS with commercials with the intention of keeping it as a sort of time capsule. After the first season I got bored with that and quit recording.

Kept watching, though. Every week, every episode, every series, for nearly 15 years. ENT (and NEM, but not as much) kinda soured me on Trek for a while.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Lieutenant

The first episode of this great series was the pilot,encounter at farpoint.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

And the last episode was "All Good Things...".
Old 02-16-2009, 03:09 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by delliott101 View Post
Encounter At Farpoint... the 2 hour movie and then every episode since...
Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delliott101 View Post
I agree... it took a LOT to stick with TNG those first two seasons, but once the third season hit, Star Trek was back!
Yeah, totally agree with you there, too. Those first two seasons were very bumpy, but whenever I felt it was losing its way a little, there'd be an episode like Datalore, The Neutral Zone, Where Silence Has Lease, A Matter Of Honor or The Measure Of A Man that would hook me all over again. By season 3, things were a lot more consistent. But yeah, since Farpoint I've religiously watched every episode of every show as it was first aired. I'm a hopeless case...
Old 02-16-2009, 05:29 AM
Captain

After years of watching and re watcing the original 79, + the movies that were out at that time, I was totally ready for some new episodes. When Encounter at Farpoint came on, Sept. 1987, My 2 young sons and I were gathered around the tube. I loved it from Encounter all the way to All Good Things. I missed some epis in the middle, around season 4/5, having gone through a divorce and things, but on Feb 14th 2007, the spousal unit bought TOS on dvd, (I had the vhs but had sold them a few years before), I was rehooked!!! I quickly bought up every season of every series, and all 10 movies on DVD. I was also a follower of Voyager when it first came out, but lost it on the cable, and didn't follow it anymore. I have since retired at age 52 because of an arthritic neck, so for the last 2 years, I have watched every episode of every seriis 3 times and am on my fourth! Star Trek has kept me sane during all these problems. I used to work 60-70 hours a week, but when I had to quit in 07, it has been total Trek!!! I have watched it so much, my wife can barley stand any of it!!!! She says "everytime I come into the basement, it is Star Trek, don't you get tired of it?" I say not yet!!!! There was nothing so exciting as watchig all those episodes all the time. Since then I have also bought the remastered TOS, and love them too. Sorry for the long post! One more thing, I think I must be one of the few peeps who absolutely LOVE The Naked Now, I always looked at it as a wink or homage to it's predecessor.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Captain

My first episode was "11001001". That was the one with the Bynars, and the Holodeck creation of Minuet.

I remember it because it was the first time I heard a tv character say "damn" (Riker). Or maybe it was the first time I heard the word "damn" on tv from a character/show that interested me....

I was 13, and back then hearing a "swear" word on tv was pretty big......especially since my parents didn't seem to notice!

On a side note, I also remember watching "Yesterday's Enterprise" when it came out, and freaking out. I had missed the first couple of minutes before the opening credits due to my sister screwing up the VCR (ahhh...VCR memories), so I had NO idea what was going on. I called my friend and he had no idea what was going on either.

Needless to say, every Trek episode (of every series) that came on since then has never had that same effect, as I was always expecting something out of the ordinary to happen.

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Ensign

"conspiracy" i was very little and snuck downstairs, hid behind the couch, and watched the show with my grandpa and older brother

check out my blog @ www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
and my bros blog @ http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/