The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > "Plan 9 From Outer Space" and "Intergalactic Holocaust"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Commander

Question "Plan 9 From Outer Space" and "Intergalactic Holocaust"

Both of them content for the worst film ever made to the point it was watchable.

The second is virtually unknown, it's not even on IMDB, and a Google search turned up nothing.

It's an old 1927 silent film, about an evil alien king killing all his people, the sets are aweful, you can see out of windows, in which cars pass by, people look in and wave. There are many costume goofs, such as hats, shirts, and fake beards falling off, bad FX (Le Voyage Dans La Lune has better)

my dad recorded it a long time ago on TCM, when they aired it during a "Special One Time Only Presentation"

What do you think? Plan 9 or Holocaust (if you've seen it)
Old 10-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Fleet Admiral

Hmmm... I find absolutely no reference to "Intergalactic Holocaust" outside of a few hundred links to Scientology.

On the other hand, I do enjoy when TCM shows those rarities and silent films. I must check their October schedule for a few of my favorites they tend to show around Halloween.

As for the worst film: I can actually think of several films which I would consider far worse to watch than PLAN 9, though they were made much more professionally than Wood's. Thing is, it's so amateurish but infused with a transcendent zeal for making movies that it has a charm beyond its countless flaws. Plus, it mentions my hometown quite a bit, which always adds more fun to it!

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!

Last edited by MissionTrek08 : 10-06-2008 at 10:00 AM.