The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Deep Space Nine > Favorite Character?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2008, 08:51 AM
Midshipman

Tough question!!!

Bashir, just becasue the way he changed and grew, he's this young bouncy, horny kid at the start then you get to see how the War changes him and how he struggles with it.

Love Garak and Miles. Also Sisko rocks, as soon as hes shaves his hair it changes him somehow!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiskoNX01 View Post
I'd have to say BEn Sisko. A great character. Maybe not the best Captain, but I think he was the best character of any in any series.!
I who have to agree with you on that like i have said on other post DS9 si my fav of all trek and Ben sisko was awesome
Old 02-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Enterprise View Post
Most of all I enjoied the relationships between those characters. The O'Brien/Bashir was a highlight as was the Quark/Odo relationship. Worf/Jadzia too and Garek/Dukat.
Did you forget Bashir & Garak.... or was that just not a highlight??
Old 02-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Midshipman

I don't think it's any one character that made the show but how all the characters interacted with each other and built friendships and relationships. That's what makes DS9 better than all other Treks...

So my answer: all of them! Including the 300 million extra characters that were a thousand times more developed than the seven so characters in any other Trek show!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Lieutenant

Can't pick just ONE in a great ensemble cast!
Old 02-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Commander

There were all sorts of great characters on DS9... in fact, this show probably had the highest amount of great characters in all of the Trek series.

From our crew: Captain Sisko - he WAS a great captain. His character grew the most throughout the series, and he showed strength, and he showed weakness (beginning of Season 7, taking that leave of absense). He was willing to compromise rights (Homefront & Paradise Lost) and even to lie to get the Romuluns on the Federation's side (it's a FAAAAAKE). But he triumphed through his weaknesses to become stronger.

Chief O'Brien - a shout out to all of our enlisted men (and women).

Ezri Dax - Not "hot" but really cute. Not even overly cute, but attainably cute... like she'd actually go out with you if you asked her, and that made her attractive.

Others: Quark, Garak, Brunt, Weyoun, Dukat (I thought it was funny how they killed something like what, 4 Weyouns. Didn't Damar start laughing once?) I'd have to say that Q and Garak are tied for Trek's greatest villians.

I'm disappointed we never learned what caused the rift between Garak and Dukat...
Old 02-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Ensign

It's really difficult to choose one character, especially in DS9. For me it comes down to:
- O'Brien, because for me he's by far the most realistic character in Trek. I could be O'Brien (if I had curly hair and if I knew how to fix stuff). And they did such horrible things to him
- Odo, because of his utter loneliness, a quality that no other Trek character can match to this extent
- Garak. I wish I could lie like that!
Old 02-09-2008, 04:49 AM
Midshipman

It's very hard to choose as there were some awesome characters on the show. Though if I really had to choose my Top 5 as follows here we go...

Benjamin Sisko
Garak
Odo
Jadzia Dax
Quark

Also loved Kira, Rom, Weyoun, Julian and Miles, Ezri was good and how can I not forget Worf. Even Vic Fontaine and Grand Nagus Zek were good. Oh yeah Brunt too.

I also liked Nog's change of character from a juvenile to becoming the first Ferengi in Starfleet much to his Uncle's dismay not to mention his growing friendship with Jake.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Ensign

I liked Sisko, and Nog. First Ferengi in starfleet.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Midshipman

Garak was my favourite character, but I would have to give a special mention to both Quark (who provided some hugely entertaining episodes) and Julian Bashir. I thought Alexander Sidig was very raw at the beginning but of all the actors he grew in stature and made Bashir a truely likeable and realistic character.