The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Favourite shows from when u were a child
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2008, 02:28 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
Which original Doctor Who? Hartnell? Traoughton? Pertwee? Tom Baker?

Let's see, the shows I remember most fondly as a kid: (this is going to date me, badly)

Jonny Quest.
Land of the Lost
Space Ghost
Ark II
Space Academy
The original Scooby Doos.
The Bugs Bunny-Roadrunner Hour
The Bananna Splitz
If I may chime in here, Tom Baker was my favorite Doctor, hands down. His humor and sense of timing were impeccable, and he just had this way of making the bad guys, or those of questionable character seem like complete idiots with minimal effort.

You've listed some good ones here, Fan. Space Academy was cool (the precursor to Jason of Star Command), and I remember a little of Ark II. Loved the Bugs Bunny-Roadrunner Hour....you really just can't beat a good ol' Warner Bros. cartoon. Space Ghost was alright. Loved Scooby Doo, and Banana Spitz was fun.

Now...does anyone remember the revamped "All New Mickey Mouse Club" from the 70's?

Old 10-07-2008, 05:31 AM
Admiral

I remember Mickey Mouse Club from the 80's.
Founding member of The League of Extraordinary Oddballs
A new tech support site http://www.community.jvgeek.com
Old 10-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Lieutenant Commander

[quote=FanWriter45;105350]Which original Doctor Who? Hartnell? Traoughton? Pertwee? Tom Baker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
If I may chime in here, Tom Baker was my favorite Doctor, hands down. His humor and sense of timing were impeccable, and he just had this way of making the bad guys, or those of questionable character seem like complete idiots with minimal effort.

Now...does anyone remember the revamped "All New Mickey Mouse Club" from the 70's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCat View Post
Okay, anybody remember Doctor Who?(ORIGINAL?)
I mean the one that the intro music is now stadium music at football games-- da da da... dada... dada... da da da... dada... dada....
also recorded, released on the charts, but darn if I can remember the artist.

As to Mickey Mouse Club I remember original re-runs, but never bothered with '70's or '80's versions-- seemed a little too childish in my 'tweens and teens!!

Proud Patron of Eliza's Avatar Lab!!

Last edited by FranCat : 10-07-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Fleet Admiral

They used to rerun the old black and white MM Club during the early seventies when I was but a wee laddie. Even as a child, I seem to remember having a thing for Annette Funnicelo.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Captain

Yeah I remember seeing the original in B&W too. Walt himself often appeared in some segments. I watched the 70's version also- each show had a different theme like "Showtime", that thing where they were in a balloon... and other stuff like that.

My first Dr. Who was in the late 70s- Tom Baker. I got to see earlier ones like Troughton and Pertwee later on in college, and even one or 2 of the Bill Hartnell ones.

Saturdy AM was great for some classics. Remember Funshine Saturday on ABC? OK, I remember the Firday night before it premered- they did a special at 7PM previewing all the new shows and they had Lee Majors as Steve Austin trying to rescue the films of all the shows that were stolen by an organization called "PSSSSST." This was followed by the actual Six Million Dollar Man at 8PM, and if memory serves, the episode they featured was the one where Shatner guest stared.

Anyone else remember that?? HA! How good is my memory for useless crap?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuedoc View Post
Yeah I remember seeing the original in B&W too. Walt himself often appeared in some segments. I watched the 70's version also- each show had a different theme like "Showtime", that thing where they were in a balloon... and other stuff like that.

My first Dr. Who was in the late 70s- Tom Baker. I got to see earlier ones like Troughton and Pertwee later on in college, and even one or 2 of the Bill Hartnell ones.

Saturdy AM was great for some classics. Remember Funshine Saturday on ABC? OK, I remember the Firday night before it premered- they did a special at 7PM previewing all the new shows and they had Lee Majors as Steve Austin trying to rescue the films of all the shows that were stolen by an organization called "PSSSSST." This was followed by the actual Six Million Dollar Man at 8PM, and if memory serves, the episode they featured was the one where Shatner guest stared.

Anyone else remember that?? HA! How good is my memory for useless crap?
Might be treason, but I can't stand Shatner as anyone but Kirk-- hated T.J. Hooker! Any one remember the Twilight Zone episode he was in? The Shat turned me off of watching that and Six Million Dollar Man!!

Old 10-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCat View Post
Might be treason, but I can't stand Shatner as anyone but Kirk-- hated T.J. Hooker! Any one remember the Twilight Zone episode he was in? The Shat turned me off of watching that and Six Million Dollar Man!!

He was actually in 2 episodes. Nightmare at 20,000 Feet (the more popular one) and Nick of Time. I actually thought he was good in both of them. I really don't think he's such a horrible actor, he's just a caracature of sorts.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Did'nt say he was horrible; I'm like that with every actor. There are very few actors who can make me forget who they are and who they've already played while I'm watching them in something new or different than what I first saw them in. But Guess What? Patrick Stewart's One of the lucky ones!! Nimoy's another!!

Old 11-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Commander

Doctor Who scared me as a kid but kind of grew on me as I got older.

K-9 is the best Dr.Who character ever.

Shows I liked to watch:

Ulysses 31
Masters of the Universe
Seven Cities of Gold
Voltron
Superted
Inspector Gadget

...And others.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Lieutenant

Well i dont know any of these shows you people are talkign about but right now my favourite shows are:

Sliders
Knight Rider (the original)
Knight rider (the new series)
Doctor who
The loop
NCIS
Bones
Heroes
Home improvement
Scrubs
House
That 70's show