The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Favourite shows from when u were a child
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-30-2008, 06:37 PM
jerhanner's Avatar
jerhanner jerhanner is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deep in the 100 Acre Wood
Posts: 3,905
Default

TOS, of course. Then Love Boat & Fantasy Island came along... And The Price is Right in prime time!

Remember when the only channels were NBC, ABC, CBS, and PBS if you were lucky?? And getting up to change the channel. You young skalliwags have it lush.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-30-2008, 08:20 PM
jtrek79's Avatar
jtrek79 jtrek79 is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Athens,Greece
Posts: 3,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
It doesn't appear to be available on DVD, at least not in the US. From what I read at the Wiki page, it was sold/dubbed in GB... so maybe Amzon.co.uk might have it??

Also, the Wiki page links to a fan page (way at the bottom) with more info.

Meanwhile, at least you can enjoy the watching the opening again on YouTube.

thats it I remember it now,oh boy,i was 6-7 years old when i first watched it
Mission there are some links in the wiki that guide u to a download page for the episodes but i dont understand checz
__________________
B E H O L D T H E N A R A D A

Last edited by jtrek79 : 09-30-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-30-2008, 08:32 PM
vuedoc's Avatar
vuedoc vuedoc is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,931
Default

Man I'm showing my age. When I think childhood I'm thinking Magic Garden, The Electric Company, Joya's Fun House, and Kukla Fran & Ollie. OK, I was really young then. Any other old people here? Everything else mentioned above was high-school for me.
__________________
"Stop it? I'm counting on it."
"But not because you threaten me. I'll pay you because... it's my pleasure."
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-30-2008, 08:34 PM
jtrek79's Avatar
jtrek79 jtrek79 is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Athens,Greece
Posts: 3,330
Default

Vuedoc pardon me for asking...how old are u?
__________________
B E H O L D T H E N A R A D A
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-30-2008, 08:38 PM
vuedoc's Avatar
vuedoc vuedoc is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerhanner View Post
TOS, of course. Then Love Boat & Fantasy Island came along... And The Price is Right in prime time!

Remember when the only channels were NBC, ABC, CBS, and PBS if you were lucky?? And getting up to change the channel. You young skalliwags have it lush.

And I remember bending that circular antenna every which way to try getting UHF stations! In NYC we had WPIX (channel 11) which used to be the official station of the Yankees, and WOR (channel 9). I forget what channel 5 was called, but it sure wasn't FOX.

Oh I just remembered: The Carol Burnett Show every Saturday night! They were brilliant! Even as a 10 year-old I appreciated their humor.

JTrek- I'll be 41 in another... OMG, 15 days!!! October 16th- the same birthday as the Two Thousand Year-Old Man!
__________________
"Stop it? I'm counting on it."
"But not because you threaten me. I'll pay you because... it's my pleasure."
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-30-2008, 08:54 PM
jerhanner's Avatar
jerhanner jerhanner is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deep in the 100 Acre Wood
Posts: 3,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuedoc View Post
Man I'm showing my age. When I think childhood I'm thinking Magic Garden, The Electric Company, Joya's Fun House, and Kukla Fran & Ollie. OK, I was really young then. Any other old people here? Everything else mentioned above was high-school for me.
Hello, fellow '67 baby! Are you also a fan of Zoom?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Elizadolots's Avatar
Elizadolots Elizadolots is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,466
Default

Okay, kids...The Electric Company (and Sesame Street) came on when I was in high school...

Though I did watch them both...

I remember Romper Room, Kaptain Kangaroo...
__________________


Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Livingston's Avatar
Livingston Livingston is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Along the Kessel Run
Posts: 4,964
Default

Shows on when I was a kid; Magnum P.I. Loved that show, just mentioned it another thread! Speaking of shows on while in high school, for me, Northern Exposure was great! Though quit following it when Rob Morrow left.
__________________


"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-30-2008, 10:28 PM
MonsieurHood's Avatar
MonsieurHood MonsieurHood is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,352
Default

Star Trek (TOS), Dragnet, Bewitched, Gilligan's Island, I Dream Of Genie, Batman, Adam 12, The Munsters, The Addams Family, Lost In Space, The Twilight Zone, Land Of The Giants, The Flying Nun, Night Gallery, Get Smart, The Rat Patrol, and Hogan's Heroes. There were a few others i liked that i don't recall so well.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-01-2008, 08:40 AM
jtrek79's Avatar
jtrek79 jtrek79 is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Athens,Greece
Posts: 3,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuedoc View Post
And I remember bending that circular antenna every which way to try getting UHF stations! In NYC we had WPIX (channel 11) which used to be the official station of the Yankees, and WOR (channel 9). I forget what channel 5 was called, but it sure wasn't FOX.

Oh I just remembered: The Carol Burnett Show every Saturday night! They were brilliant! Even as a 10 year-old I appreciated their humor.

JTrek- I'll be 41 in another... OMG, 15 days!!! October 16th- the same birthday as the Two Thousand Year-Old Man!

My good friend vuedoc thanks for your message i have sent you an other one
as for your birthday in advance.......................Να ζήσεις να σε χαιρόμαστε φίλε μου

__________________
B E H O L D T H E N A R A D A

Last edited by jtrek79 : 10-01-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:15 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.