The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Favorite sci-fi show(s)?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvfreakazoid View Post
GOD bsg the original. I can't get into it.
It probably just boils down to personal taste. I love the original and utterly despise the new series with every fiber of my being. Go figure.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Federation Councillor

That's the beauty of TV, you can just change the channel and find something else!!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
That's the beauty of TV, you can just change the channel and find something else!!
Precisely. Except for those days when you spend two hours flipping through five hundred channels and can find absolutely nothing worth watching. I cannot as yet explain this phenomenon. I believe it's tied in with the small black hole that makes socks disappear in my clothes dryer, and the invisible gnome who continually and perpetually must hide my car keys from me, but i can't prove it yet.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Federation Councillor

Hence my prodigious DVD collection!
Old 10-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurHood View Post
Precisely. Except for those days when you spend two hours flipping through five hundred channels and can find absolutely nothing worth watching. I cannot as yet explain this phenomenon.
As Jerry Seinfeld said, men aren't interested in what's on, they're interested in what else is on.

I am very embarassed. Maybe it's because of my wife, but I have not watched any of thre recent i.e. past 6 yrs new sci-fi shows. The only thing besides TREK that I've held onto is Dr. Who, which I DVR off of BBC-America. From my past: The original BSG, Buck Rogers in the 25th cen, Knight Rider, Six Million Dollar Man, Incredible Hulk, The A-Team (which I bet they could bring back today), Man From Atlantis... I'll have to come back when I think of some more.

Currently... OK, this is what my wife has reduced me to (the ones in aquamarine I actually like: House, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Boston Legal, American Idol, Project Runway, America's Next Top Model, Make me a Supermodel, Amazing Race, Law & Order (all of them), SVU.

Last edited by vuedoc : 10-01-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:32 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Drat, another fun show cancelled early yet Two and a half Men lumbers on!! I've not seen any Sarah Conner Chronicles at the moment, but a friend will be buying the dvd's and I get a look at it then.

And (I dread saying this but...) I really don't like Heroes. I watched season 1, and even though I was going off it by episode 3, I persevered because everyone who had seen it ahead said, you need patience but it really gets going later in the season, but I just couldn't muster any interest in it. Then again I'm the same with Lost, so maybe I just don't 'get' them.

Golden Girls, yeah, you know I just found it funny as a kid and I still do, what can I say!
Please we need more support for shows like sarah conner chronicles and heroes. Try to give it a chance. Second season i'll admit is a little slow but other than that so far it's been great. I mean if you like xmen then heroes is pretty much similar.
For god sakes man, you like golden girls, surely you have to like heroes. LOL!
Old 10-02-2008, 02:35 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuedoc View Post
As Jerry Seinfeld said, men aren't interested in what's on, they're interested in what else is on.

I am very embarassed. Maybe it's because of my wife, but I have not watched any of thre recent i.e. past 6 yrs new sci-fi shows. The only thing besides TREK that I've held onto is Dr. Who, which I DVR off of BBC-America. From my past: The original BSG, Buck Rogers in the 25th cen, Knight Rider, Six Million Dollar Man, Incredible Hulk, The A-Team (which I bet they could bring back today), Man From Atlantis... I'll have to come back when I think of some more.

Currently... OK, this is what my wife has reduced me to (the ones in aquamarine I actually like: House, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Boston Legal, American Idol, Project Runway, America's Next Top Model, Make me a Supermodel, Amazing Race, Law & Order (all of them), SVU.
Damn no current sci-fi shows for you other than dr.who, which I can't get into because I don't like how there set design. It's seems like a cheap production set. It's like watching several bad shows on the sci-fi channel.

We need more love for heroes and sarah conner chronicles and fringe to. You should give those shows a try. SUPPORT!
Old 10-02-2008, 02:36 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurHood View Post
It probably just boils down to personal taste. I love the original and utterly despise the new series with every fiber of my being. Go figure.
So what is about the new bsg you dont like?
Old 10-02-2008, 02:39 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

So, I hear their going to do a spin off of BSG in case you guys didn't hear. It's going to be a prequel. I swear with sci-fi what's up with the prequel stuff. Supposedly it's the early years of adama and there isn't going to be no special effect what so ever. From my understanding it's going to be like a day time soap drama. can't you beleive that crap? I'm going to give it a try and most likely i'm not going to watch it because it sounds cking boring as hell.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvfreakazoid View Post
Please we need more support for shows like sarah conner chronicles and heroes. Try to give it a chance. Second season i'll admit is a little slow but other than that so far it's been great. I mean if you like xmen then heroes is pretty much similar.
For god sakes man, you like golden girls, surely you have to like heroes. LOL!
Yeah, I can't watch Sarah Conner yet anyway, I don't have a channel that shows it, and I really don't think I can go with Heroes. Golden Girls is naff, true, but it's embedded now!!

Re: Caprica, the BSG spin-off, yes it's billed as the first 'Sci-fi family drama', but will also feature the story behind the development of the original series Cylons etc A pilot has been produced, starring amongst others Eric Stoltz, but when it will be aired, I don't know.