The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Voyager > The final episode of Voyager?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2008, 07:36 AM
Fleet Admiral

Where was the future Federation that keeps an eye on the timeline? Aeon, Relativity?
Also the solution that you use future technology solves EVERY problem. Why care about anything? Just wait and someone from the future will come and help

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 02-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Midshipman

Admiral Janeway came from the future to save the all the lives of her crew. Captain Janeway originally did not want to go through the borg hub because of what would have happened, and even after her future counterpart showed up she was still very hesitant because of the temporal accord, however, she had finally came to believe that she had no right to decide on her own and even less of a right to make a choice that big that would change the course of people's lives on Voyager. And if you really want to get technical, After Voyager got home, technically no one showed up from the future as Voyager got home a different way, so the timeline Admiral Janeway came from no longer existed.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:01 AM
Ensign

I was disappointed with the final Voyager. I would rather have seen the crew get back on their own, than rely on a Deus Ex Machina from the future that actually could wreck the timeline!

If I had been running Voyager, I'd have set each season across a decade of the crew's journey home, seeing who lived and died and the struggles they went through.

Children would be born and be old by the time the ship returned! Some people might be put in suspended animation and disappear for a season, only to return years down the line. The Doctor would be the only person to stay looking the same.

What sort of Federation would they return to? Seventy years on from the TNG era, things would have been very different again!

Voyager had colossal potential, but was, sadly, squandered!

Not to say I didn't enjoy Voyager a lot of the time!
Old 02-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Midshipman

Post Chakotay and Seven??

This was one of the dumbest things they ever did on any of the shows. It would have made more sense to build up the tension between Harry and Seven and have them finally "get together" on the last episode rather than pull this stunt. Chakotay would have been a better match for Janeway, and would have provided an even stronger personal reason for her future self to do what she did.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:47 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

yeah I wanted to see some more then just the arrival I would love to see if seven and Choctay (I know I miss spelleld his name) goylt married and what happens to the rest the crew. They could. Have had a bit more of a conclusin.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Commander

I agree that "Endgame" should not have been the finale. There are lots of loose ends to tie up. I think Endgame would have worked well as the mid-season 2 parter and in fact, would have been a suprise. Let's be honest here: it was sort of expected; dare I say, predictable, that getting back to Earth would be the series finale. A mid-season return home would have been a great twist. There were great potential episodes or storylines left. Such as:

Some sort of crooked high-ranking official in the Starfleet/Federation judicial system unwilling to grant pardons to the Maqi.

Tom Paris patching things up with his dad.

Kim's promotion.

A fight to save The Doctor's program from retirement after all his new knowledge is downloaded.

Janeway's promotion (?)

Icheb at the Academy

Tuvok getting his treatment

Seven's adjustment

The entire crew's adjustment to being home (which I think, should actually be awkward)

To me, the finale should be showing in text that 6-8 months have passed, and there is that awkwardness of being home, seeing how their friends and families have adjusted to life without them and they feel alienated (sidebar: Tom and Owen do patch things up) and want the sense of family back that they had on Voyager. That was something that was a little bit of a bummer about Voyager's ending: the sense of the family about to break up. I think, after a 6-8 month refit of Voyager, Captain Janeway (who did not accept a promotion) would be asked if she wanted to command Voyager on a 5-year mission to explore the Gamma Quadrant. And there is mutual request on both Janeway's and the entire crew's part (including the Doctor) to be a part of this. Our Voyager family leaves DS9, and perhaps a "Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Voyager..." voice over by Mulgrew, and a close with the wormhole closing as Voyager passes through it.

(Ok, maybe the Space... voice over was too much, but it is Star Trek, and I don't think it's the ship that matters, but the spirit)
Old 02-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

i totally agree that the spirit is what matters not the ship.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Rear Admiral

They had more than enough time to wrap things up on the show, especially since the producers never had any plans of making a VOY movie. They should have just made the entire show a dream, and had Harry Kim wake up at Quarks before their first mission.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Midshipman

I think that the ending left much to be desired. It would have been better to show the trails that the crew go through once they get home.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir num nums View Post
They had more than enough time to wrap things up on the show, especially since the producers never had any plans of making a VOY movie. They should have just made the entire show a dream, and had Harry Kim wake up at Quarks before their first mission.
ala Emily Hartley and Pamela Barnes-Ewing? (Suzanne Pleshette and Victoria Principal)