The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Voyager > The final episode of Voyager?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2008, 07:41 AM
Rear Admiral

Well, in that case, they should have just been blown up with the Borg Sphere, and the Admiral and others watching in shock as bits of Voyager flew by the passing ships.

THAT, would have been a very messed up ending, but would have had closure.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Ensign

yeah I thought the final episode was a little too quick and dirty. of course thats always how it is when timetravel is involved. I think they needed one more episode to give closure to the characters...even see Voyager sent out on its next mission...and to explain why Janeway deserved promotion to Admiral over others like Picard. If she was promoted to Admiral who was put in command...were the Maquis' field promotions honored...etc. I know it was probably explained in books etc, but I would have liked to have had an on screen canon cemented explanation.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Midshipman

I liked the finale episode... it was a great ep
but I agree.. I would have like to see he crew reunited with their family.

maybe the ep was good.. but not enough to satisfy fans as a FINAL episode
Old 02-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Ensign

Talking I liked it

I quite like the way Voyager ended. No complaints from this Star Trek Fan....
Old 02-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
I quite like the way Voyager ended. No complaints from this Star Trek Fan....

So, you have no un answered questions about the crew?

-- Like, did 7 of 9 settle down on earth or accept being on earth

-- Did Neelix ever figure out Voyager made it after no one aswered his hale

-- Did any crew members face criminal charges for anything?

-- Did Harry Kim ever get promoted

... the list goes on
Old 02-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Lieutenant

An episode of closure would have been good, but at least they made it. Hey, if nothing else the episode gave us transphasic torpedoes!
Old 02-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Ensign

I didn't like it. A series plagued with time travel and how does it end? Future Janeway comes in and helps them cheat and find that elusive way home in one quick episode? Isn't that overly convenient.

I don't know, it just felt like they found some quick fix to the problem to pull off a quick end to the series. It made all the other moments where they struggled to get home and failed seem worthless.

If they were gonna do that, they might as well have had Q snap them back to the Alpha Quadrant.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:08 AM
Rear Admiral

Good point, er umm? Q

The last Episode of TNG was good because it ended the same why the series started.

Voyager could have done the same thing. Maybe have ven brought Kes back... AH, NO, never mind.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Midshipman

I liked Endgame, it's one of my favourite eps. I do think though it would've been nice if they had made an epilogue type episode showing them at home, maybe even a two-parter mini-series or TV movie.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Ensign

I will either love the final episode or hate it through and through. First off, it doesn't matter what happened to Seven. It doesn't matter what happened to any of them. Endgame gave us a glance of their futures and we can likely fill in the blanks with what little they gave us.

Admiral Janeway finds herself feeling badly for crewmembers that aren't around --who didn't make it, or got sick, or whatever. For these reasons, she opts for a time travel scheme to create a timeline that is more to her liking. More to her liking. Does this make her God? She decides who will live. How much real difference is there between her and a deity?

Maybe it doesn't make her a God, you say,but she's quick to create a plan that doesn't include her original XO. Has no room for her original Doctor (and medical staff). Her scheme will only make things better for Seven, Chakotay, and Tuvok. Three lives versus quite QUITE a few others.

Just with pointing out this aspect of Engdame, I am not flaming the show, I am not whining --I am explaining how I can like the ending.

After Endgame is over, will Captain Janeway have to wait sixteen years and go back in time to save three people again? I say yes. That's how I can like the ending.

The facts above present us with a very selfish, desperate character. Using time travel for one person's single selfish advantage should require a price.

If I am told "no, Janeway's off the hook" then I have to hate the ending. I believe time tampering should require more of a sacrifice than dying once "must have been something you assimilated." The punishment for time tampering (especially when it's done for Janeway's obviously selfish reasons) ought to be time related and the price tag has got to be hefty. So Janeway will have to die again, she is fated to. Poetry.

Almost too heavy for my least favorite show!