The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Voyager > The final episode of Voyager?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default The final episode of Voyager?

I personally wasn't pleased with the final episode, i would have liked them to of gotten home at least a full season ahead or half of season ahead. The reason i say that is because the ending wasn't all that great of an ending and that the crew would have had to deal with much of the ramifications and debriefing and the situations/alterations to the ship and so on. We didn't get any real closer, that and i think it would have given us allot more to see in the trek universe if they had brought the crew home early and had to deal with all that happened in the delta quadrant. I think the final season was ok, not great and it seemed like allot of filler and them getting home early would have really been something unexpected.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Rear Admiral

I have seasons six and seven, and "endgame" is one of the best on there. I agree with you that it could've been better, but it was pretty creative + the fx were spectacular.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Rear Admiral

I never understood why they could not have made it home sooner in the season, and then give time to have closure for the characters.

The last episode was great I thought, it just left too many things un-answered.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Lieutenant

I agree... They should've at least did 1 or 2 episodes of them at home...
Old 02-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Ensign

I thought it wasa massive anti-climax to be honest. It wasa great story but it was a typically Braga way out of the situation. I would have loved to see Voyager go on a season more but the stories were starting to get old and tired so I understand they had to end it quick. Just a shame they didn't give it the send off it deserved, still to this day I watch it on Spike, a full 7 years after its conclusion, its that good as a series.

I guess you take away from Endgame what you want to, whatever impresses you makes that episode impressive or disapointing in one way or another. Point is, she got'em all home... Thats the best part of Endgame for me
Old 02-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Ensign

The final episode could have been done better, but if you think about it they didn't have many other ways to bring that ship back to earth seeing that they were still 30,000 lightyears away. They could have left the time travel part out of it, although that made for some really sad and touching moments in the finale. I think it was a great way to finish that series, and for the finale to pay homage to time travel like most of the other shows in Star Trek.

www.deck-one.org
Old 02-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Rear Admiral

I thought the ending was rushed...
Old 02-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark View Post
I thought the ending was rushed...
Yeah me too, i also think it was an easy out for B&B and it is why i have said in the ENT section that i think that B&B just started to get tired of writing and coming up with things.

Endgame, like i said they should have used the same method of getting home only they got home at least a half of season or an entire season. Though again, i don't necessarily blame B&B i just think that they had held onto it and the writing exclusively to themselves and didn't allow others to step in as Moore has done with BSG.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Midshipman

I think Voyager had quite a bit of potential to be continued past the series. It would have been nice if they would have ended Voyager in a similar way the producers ended TNG with 'All Good Things...', with an open ended series finale followed by a blockbuster that really gave viewers some finality with the destruction of the Enterprise. I think it would have been more successful to delay Voyager's return to the Alpha Quadrant to a film, or at least given us an textual epilogue after the finale giving us a brief description of the crew and Voyager's life after their return. Could have at least given some of those 'maybe-canon' post-series novels some coherent structure to follow...
Old 02-03-2008, 05:00 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaleck View Post
I agree... They should've at least did 1 or 2 episodes of them at home...
Yeah should have been midseason or like Lost did.

But someone asked Kate Mulgrew at a convention I went to and she said they ended it at the end of the season because half the people only watched voyager to see if they get home

HardyCofE