The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > star trek vs terminator 4
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2008, 03:22 AM
Federation Councillor

Terminator SHOULD have stopped after 2.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:53 AM
Fleet Admiral

Sadly, it seems that every movie franchise that has two popular films, they always have to go for one more. That said, I found T3 to be a rather entertaining film, and far more than I actually expected it to be.

I also thoroughly enjoy the tv series. It respects and does justice to the franchise. And the way it goes about its story, it acknowledges T3, and at the same time overwrites it.

And can Summer Glau and Lena Headey be any hotter??!!

Old 09-16-2008, 04:56 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
Sadly, it seems that every movie franchise that has two popular films, they always have to go for one more. That said, I found T3 to be a rather entertaining film, and far more than I actually expected it to be.

I also thoroughly enjoy the tv series. It respects and does justice to the franchise. And the way it goes about its story, it acknowledges T3, and at the same time overwrites it.

And can Summer Glau and Lena Headey be any hotter??!!
I guess I hated 3 so much becasue it totally negated the first 2 films storyline. So bascially, Skynet and Judgement Day happen no matter what. Also why does the Terminator look so old? (Is he a new older, kinder model? LOL)
Old 09-16-2008, 07:11 AM
Lieutenant

When i first heard they were making T4 i thought oh no thats going to be terrible , how can they make a Terminator without Arnie?? Now though that i have seen the trailer i am more optimistic . Having said that if i'd had to chose i will go see Star Trek
Old 09-16-2008, 07:14 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgman View Post
When i first heard they were making T4 i thought oh no thats going to be terrible , how can they make a Terminator without Arnie?? Now though that i have seen the trailer i am more optimistic . Having said that if i'd had to chose i will go see Star Trek
Star Trek for me too.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:21 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
I guess I hated 3 so much becasue it totally negated the first 2 films storyline. So bascially, Skynet and Judgement Day happen no matter what. Also why does the Terminator look so old? (Is he a new older, kinder model? LOL)
That's a fair observation, as one of Cameron's points was that 'the future is not set', as Sarah Connor said in her voiceover, but then I kinda liked the perversion that humans still found a way to aid their destruction.

So it's a film of two halves for me, it fouls up some of Cameron's beginnings, but I weirdly liked it for it!! Plus it delivered on a basic carnage front!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:28 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
That's a fair observation, as one of Cameron's points was that 'the future is not set', as Sarah Connor said in her voiceover, but then I kinda liked the perversion that humans still found a way to aid their destruction.

So it's a film of two halves for me, it fouls up some of Cameron's beginnings, but I weirdly liked it for it!! Plus it delivered on a basic carnage front!
Terminator was such a diffrent film for it's time, the kind one didn't see often enough back in '84.

T2, had it's faults, but was such a fun packed, rollcoaster ride, you forgave it's smal imperfections.

But, for me T3...

Armold should NEVER have come back to play the charater again, he's very visably older, with no reason given.

What's with this new Terminator? Is she like supposed to be the cooler sister of the T1000? lol...

Did they forget to prpgram her with what happened up ot this point? She looks pretty lost for a majority of the film.

The end of the film just made me groan the first time I saw it, you'd expect to see that kind of ending in a early 1970's Sci-Fi movie, at least there it wouldn't look so out of place or be so predicatble.

For my money, the TV series is way better than this film. Not that I am a big fan of that either.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:32 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Terminator was such a diffrent film for it's time, the kind one didn't see often enough back in '84.

T2, had it's faults, but was such a fun packed, rollcoaster ride, you forgave it's smal imperfections.

But, for me T3...

Armold should NEVER have come back to play the charater again, he's very visably older, with no reason given.

What's with this new Terminator? Is she like supposed to be the cooler sister of the T1000? lol...

Did they forget to prpgram her with what happened up ot this point? She looks pretty lost for a majority of the film.

The end of the film just made me groan the first time I saw it, you'd expect to see that kind of ending in a early 1970's Sci-Fi movie, at least there it wouldn't look so out of place or be so predicatble.

For my money, the TV series is way better than this film. Not that I am a big fan of that either.
This is what happens when you take Cameron out of the equation. He may be many things to different folks as a director (I do actually like his stuff very much) but he brought something smarter to the first two that was clearly missing in the third.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:35 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
This is what happens when you take Cameron out of the equation. He may be many things to different folks as a director (I do actually like his stuff very much) but he brought something smarter to the first two that was clearly missing in the third.
Cameron said in many inteviews that he felt 1 and 2 told the story, and that it was done.

I tend to agree with him..

But this is the same guy who did Galaxy Of Terror and Piranna 2-The Spawining....

Old 09-16-2008, 08:37 AM
Federation Councillor

Well, everyone starts somewhere!! Maybe Avatar is his Galaxy remake on a billion dollar budget!