The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Song!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSpockette View Post
I'll trust you and take your word for it. I guess this movie's success is just going to be one of those "let's wait and see" type of things.

As far as the music goes, I'll be happy with whatever they do--and if it helps give Star Trek the shot in the arm that it needs, then there will be not complaints from me. The only thing I really care about, is that Star Trek stays around for a while longer.
I don't think you have to worry about that. Trek is a thoroughly embedded part of our culture worldwide. Hell, even B&B couldn't kill it. Even those who hate Trek and think those who follow it or even watch it are "gay" (which doesn't bother me since I am ), have to admit the impact it's had on our culture and that even they have used some Trek tidbit at some point in their lives.

Ultimately, even those "dudes" don't hate Trek itself...they just don't feel comfortable with the Trek sub-culture. Most folks out there know Trek and like Trek to some degree and would welcome a fantastic film again.

CE
Old 03-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonyearth View Post
... Most folks out there know Trek and like Trek to some degree and would welcome a fantastic film again.

CE
I've been "foaming at the mouth" with this topic for quite a while now, and so I guess I'm ready to stop defending my point. I still believe modernizing a few things "Trek" may help, but I'll just wait and see what happens. I hope you're right about the above. The box office earnings will tell us for sure.

Last edited by SouthernSpockette : 03-03-2008 at 06:59 PM.