The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Song!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Lieutenant

NO. However, when I listen to pre-2007 Sirenia, I am reminded of what
I think Cardassian's metal would sound like.

"It might not be so bad. For all we know the Vorta could be gluttonous, alcoholic sex maniacs."
~Quark and Ziyal
Old 02-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I dont have the link right here, but I quick google for "Star Trek Theme Lyrics" should give 'em. I've got a copy of Uhura singing the theme (with lyrics not the 'ah aaah' part) definitely gives the theme a whole new feeling

Feel free to look at my Trek stuff (including Bedroom, prop replicas and STTE) available HERE
Old 02-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fawkes View Post
BTW does anyone know where we can find the lyrics to the original series theme music? I know they were never released but i would love to read them.

I didn't know there were any lyrics. I always thought the song was just comprised of a bunch of "woohhs" and "aahhhs"
Old 02-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Ensign

Terrible idea. Terrible band too.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSpockette View Post
I didn't know there were any lyrics. I always thought the song was just comprised of a bunch of "woohhs" and "aahhhs"
Google turned up original theme lyrics and backstory here: http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/trek.asp

Thanks
Old 02-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fawkes View Post
Google turned up original theme lyrics and backstory here: http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/trek.asp

Thanks
Wow, imagine that! I've been a fan for all these years, and never knew that. Thanks for the info
Old 02-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Ensign

Boo Hiss to the idea! Star Trek needs to remain "classical"
Old 02-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Fleet Admiral

I'm not a fan of having any popular band or musician do a song for the new movie, unless the musician would happen to be of the classical variety. Enterprise's theme seemed so out of place to me, and it's cringe-worthy every time I hear it.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by squire_of_gothos View Post
Why, so it can keep it's sterotype? We know Star Trek is work of genius, but it's the crowd that never watched it--the crowd that has never gained interest, which Abrams is going after. It's catering only to the Trekkie crowd--by boxing Star Trek in--that is starving the franchise. Star Trek needs to break out of it's shell. Don't box it in! It's time for Star Trek to have another day in the sun and if that's going to happen, it'll have to appeal to more than just we seasoned Trek fans. In order to do that, I think the "geeky" sterotype it has had (unfairly, I'll add) needs to be removed so an entire audience can discover what Trek has really been about all along. Believe me, if it's going to be just another Star Trek movie, there are a lot of people who I know it will not appeal to.

Don't get me wrong, I love Star Trek and have since I was a kid. I would be perfectly happy if they brought this movie out complete with all of the usual elements every ST movie previous has had. Unfortunately though, it looks like that hasn't been enough. What I care more about seeing the Star Trek of old, is seeing Star Trek thrive. I think it would be a very sad thing, if this masterpiece which Roddenberry created were starved of it's potential and died out in 10 years--only to be forgotten in time after we had the privaldge of being so blessed by our opportunities to be inspired by, and to enjoy it. Star Trek is like an old friend to me, and I really hate the idea of seeing it die out.

So in a nut shell, I think the prospect of keeping Star Trek in it's restricted limitations--for my liking-- would be a selfish thing to suggest.

Last edited by SouthernSpockette : 02-02-2008 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Correction of grammar and a poorly formatted post
Old 02-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by squire_of_gothos View Post
I agree!