The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Are any of you guys Psychic?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Commander

Default Are any of you guys Psychic?

My family has psychic abilities and i wondered if any of the rest of you do and would like to talk about it. Just wondering.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Admiral

I think I'm about a 4 on the psychic scale...I know, with no question, whether someone will pick up the phone on the first ring...I can HEAR it...

I firmly believe that alternate awareness exists and that we often call that "psychic".

Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Commander

Mine takes the form of warnings in dreams and a sense of foreboding. It doesn't seem to come whenever i want it, or look for it. It seems to come whenever it wants to. I don't have any control about when the dreams or the feelings that things are about to happen, or change come. They just do. It isn't like they show on t.v. at all. But so help me, it's real. It isn't a joke, I don't know where it comes from, or why, but it's real, and not always pleasant.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurHood View Post
My family has psychic abilities and i wondered if any of the rest of you do and would like to talk about it. Just wondering.
Psychic huh! well not sure if that's what I call it. Since I was a kid I felt strange things, feeling of sorts, that something was not right or have dreams of things that would happen latter. Things like that have happen all my life, I have learned to live with it even when it is hard to

Old 09-12-2008, 02:12 AM
Federation Councillor

I have some too, but it takes the form of feeling and sensing dead people, or the motivations of the living.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:32 AM
Captain

Well, my whole family.... Oops! Sorry, I misread. I thought you said psychotic.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:47 AM
Admiral

My Wife's mom has had some premitions.
Founding member of The League of Extraordinary Oddballs
A new tech support site http://www.community.jvgeek.com
Old 09-12-2008, 07:54 AM
Fleet Admiral

When I was 12, we went to a lake in Austria for a week. At least, we planned that. On the day before we left, we visited my grandparents and said goodbye. I had the feeling that I wouldn't see my grandpa again. I didn't tell him, of course, and I thought that it is stupid to feel this way. But I was insisting that we watch 'Modern Times' together as soon as we return from our trip (I never insisted on watching TV before or after that day). However, I felt I had to make sure that we would meet again.
The following day, he died.
When I was 20, I went to a hiking trip with my colleagues from the lab I was working in. On that day, I slipped off the rim of a narrow hiking trail (~50 m high, solid rocks below us) and got a hold on the lowest branch of the only tree in the area... a real cliffhanger
I pulled myself up (which I never thought I could do) and was uninjured, but I obviously had an enormous amount of luck.
When I returned home that evening, my mom instantly asked, if something happend around 1130 (which was the correct time), because in that moment she had a feeling I was in danger.
I'm a student of biology (neuroscience, physiology, zoology) and don't believe in such things. I have no explanation for that. But it happened.

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 09-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

See, I KNEW you were going to ask me that! LOL

Seriously, I've had a few incidents in my life that just have left me wondering... but not enough that I would qualify for a guest shot on "Medium."

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
When I was 12, we went to a lake in Austria for a week. At least, we planned that. On the day before we left, we visited my grandparents and said goodbye. I had the feeling that I wouldn't see my grandpa again. I didn't tell him, of course, and I thought that it is stupid to feel this way. But I was insisting that we watch 'Modern Times' together as soon as we return from our trip (I never insisted on watching TV before or after that day). However, I felt I had to make sure that we would meet again.
The following day, he died.
When I was 20, I went to a hiking trip with my colleagues from the lab I was working in. On that day, I slipped off the rim of a narrow hiking trail (~50 m high, solid rocks below us) and got a hold on the lowest branch of the only tree in the area... a real cliffhanger
I pulled myself up (which I never thought I could do) and was uninjured, but I obviously had an enormous amount of luck.
When I returned home that evening, my mom instantly asked, if something happend around 1130 (which was the correct time), because in that moment she had a feeling I was in danger.
I'm a student of biology (neuroscience, physiology, zoology) and don't believe in such things. I have no explanation for that. But it happened.
The incidents you describe here are very similar to my own. I don't feel so weird (or alone) now. Thanks.