The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Do you have a Starship fetish?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2008, 06:52 AM
Lieutenant

Default Do you have a Starship fetish?

I might be banned but i just want to know, does anyone here have a Starship Fetish? Like when you see a ship on the screen that looks freaking sweet, and you start wanting to feel it in your hands, but you know you cant, is that considered a fetish?

GREAT SCOTT!!! ANOTHER FRIEND OF ZARDOZ!

Old 08-29-2008, 06:57 AM
Rear Admiral

Wow, this is a, uh, unique topic! I always get that with the refit Enterprise. The "flyby" scene in The Motion Picture always gives me the chills and makes me wish I had a model.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Commander

Wink

Hi Jerry

My name is brenden freeze . im here today to tell my wife about my starship fetish. lol
Old 08-29-2008, 07:04 AM
Lieutenant

For my son's fourth birthday I gave him a really nice TOS Enterprise toy ship that light's up and makes sound effects. He loves it and keeps asking questions about Captain Kirk and Mister Spock as TOS is still a little too scary for him to watch. Because of this he tells me to fire "toton torpedoes" at every car and bus we see while we are driving to day-care.

Every so often (okay almost everyday) I'm tempted to grab the ship from his drawer and put it on a stand in my office but that would be so wrong and I'm ashamed of thinking about it. I'll need to get one for myself and I have my eye on the WNMHGB version of the same toy.

I wouldn't call it a fetish. It is just being a big kid at heart. I've liked spaceships real and ficticious since I was four years old. I have never outgrown this interest and I am embracing it more and more as I have gotten older.

Last edited by Chucky D : 08-29-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:10 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJTrek View Post
Wow, this is a, uh, unique topic! I always get that with the refit Enterprise. The "flyby" scene in The Motion Picture always gives me the chills and makes me wish I had a model.
Art Asylum makes a really nice "Wrath of Khan" toy/model that doesn't require assembly - unless you would like assemble a model which is really cool too.

Last edited by Chucky D : 08-29-2008 at 07:23 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:29 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky D View Post
Art Asylum makes a really nice "Wrath of Khan" toy/model that doesn't require assembly - unless you would like assemble a model which is really cool too.
knowing me, if I made a model it would be a big glob of glue and paint. I'm working on my parents for a model...

Old 08-29-2008, 07:31 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJTrek View Post
knowing me, if I made a model it would be a big glob of glue and paint. I'm working on my parents for a model...
I hear you man. I tried to build one when I was a teenager and it was a complete and utter mess. I might have the patience to build one now - I just don't have the time.

Here's a link you might be interested in: http://diamondselecttoys.com/store.a...tegoryID%3D335

Click on "Ships" and you are there.

Last edited by Chucky D : 08-29-2008 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:45 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky D View Post
I hear you man. I tried to build one when I was a teenager and it was a complete and utter mess. I might have the patience to build one now - I just don't have the time.

Here's a link you might be interested in: http://diamondselecttoys.com/store.a...tegoryID%3D335

Click on "Ships" and you are there.
Trust me, I've looked at models online at diamond select, and Entertainment Earth, etc. I also remember looking in the back of Star Trek: The Magazine and dreaming of getting one. I had one of the Johnny Lightning mini models, but I sat on it... ):

Oh well.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:54 AM
Ensign

Lmao I don't know about holding it in my hand but i have a urge to want to actually be in it if it were real. A good solution to your fetish is to get a costume designer if there is such a thing to make an outfit for your woman in the shape of your fav ship
Old 08-29-2008, 07:59 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb42682 View Post
Lmao I don't know about holding it in my hand but i have a urge to want to actually be in it if it were real. A good solution to your fetish is to get a costume designer if there is such a thing to make an outfit for your woman in the shape of your fav ship
That or work really hard and join NASA either designing/building spaceships or flying them. The previous suggestion is a lot easier to pull off.