The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > How do you imagine that will die Spock?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
I am not dying.

I admit it. I LOL'd.

Sadly, it wouldn't be the same without DeForrest Kelly there to say, "He's dead Jim. That green-blooded, inhuman...."
Old 02-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Ensign

Por eso pienso que la pelicula comenzará con los últimos momentos de Spock, entregando su Katra a su heredero y su heredero comenzara a ver la vida de Spock, por eso creo que la pelicula comenzará as*.
Es mi idea de como será la pelicula. ¿Cual es su idea?
So I think the film will begin with the last moments of Spock, delivering his "Katra" to his heir and his heir begin to see the life of Spock in his mind, so I think the movie will begin as well.
It's my idea of how the movie will be. What is your idea?
Old 02-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Ensign

Ok, this might be a little off topic but is "old" spock married? Surely Tpring couln't have been his last...right?
What about his relationship with Saavik? Was that ever explored and expanded in the novels? I don't get to read as many of the novels as I would like to and it seems there are always like 10 new ones coming out each week...
Old 02-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I could be wrong, but I get the impression that this movie is meant to revitalize the Star Trek franchise and give it a new start. What would be more depressing than to see a beloved character like Nimoy's Spock die onscreen AGAIN? It would cast a pall on the entire film and instead of it feeling a young and vital rebirth of a franchise, it'll feel sad and dreary. Nimoy's Spock is already going to be old, and it will be obvious that he probably doesn't have a whole lot of time left. I don't see what why we need to see him actually take his last breath to know that he is going to die of old age.

That said, perhaps there is a way they could show it so that the death is uplifting and doesn't drag down the movie. If they can pull that off kudos to them, but since we already get a death scene with Spock in TWoK, I'd rather not see them retread that ground again personally.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Ensign

Here in Latin America the original series Star trek much liked in the 70's, because there were members from different parts of the world on the ship and above all because a woman had black with a very important position in the "Enterprise". But then the importance of other races apart from whites, it was fading, except DS9. What then? ... Yet we do not see many Latinamrican people in the series, we do not see even more places to world in the series, we see just as usual, Los Angeles, Paris, New York. But what about Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Valparaiso, for example?. Supposedly this place in the world is safer than it exists, in the event of another world war, (God forbid). It would be better than Star trek will focus not only in North America or Paris, but also in the rest of the world?. Now here in Chile the series Star trek is not popular as it was years ago. Only known "Dr. Spock" lieutenant "Ohura" Captain "Kirk" and only the old series. The new series had no success because of this, I think.
It's just an opinion, I may be wrong on many things, but what I am not mistaken is that we need to expand the idea of a new world, united, which does not exist, hunger, pain, sorrow, frontiers and all peoples are united, and none stands out above the other.

Aqu* en Latinoamerica la serie original Star-trek gustó mucho en los años 70's, porque habian integrantes de distintas partes de la tierra en la nave y sobre todo porque habia una mujer de raza negra con un cargo muy importante en la "Enterprise". Pero despues la importancia de las otras razas, aparte de la raza blanca, se fue desvaneciendo, excepto por DS9, ¿y despues que?... Aun no vemos muchos Latinos en la serie, aun no vemos más lugares de la tierra en la serie, solo vemos lo de siempre ,Los Angeles, Paris, New York. Pero, ¿qué hay de Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Valparaiso, por ejemplo?. Supuestamente este lugar del mundo, es el más seguro que existe, en caso de otra guerra mundial, (Dios no lo quiera). No seria mejor que Star-trek no solo se enfocara en el Norte de América o Paris, si no tambien en el resto del mundo?. Ahora la serie Star-trek no es popular, como lo fue hace años. Solo se conoce el "Doctor Spock" la teniente "Ohura" el capitan "Kirk" y solo la serie antigua. Las nuevas series no tuvieron exito debido a esto, creo yo.
Es solo una opinión, puedo estar equivocado en muchas cosas, pero en lo que no estoy equivocado es que hace falta expandir la idea de un mundo nuevo, unido, donde no exista, el hambre, el dolor, la pena y todos los pueblos están unidos y ninguno sobresale por sobre el otro.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by firepoet View Post
But he has scenes with young kirk and crew, so he has to be physically there.
Oh god please not another holo-deck simulation like These are the Voyages... or worse... Time Travel
Old 02-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Ensign

I prefer not to imagine it at all. I don’t want to see older Spock brought back in the movie just to see him killed off in the end.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Midshipman

Spock's been dead before
Old 04-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Midshipman

He could be hit by a falling nacelle.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlondon View Post
He could be hit by a falling nacelle.
Here's your wish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOoDF...eature=related

Personally, I think it'll be a bad bowl of plomeek soup.