The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Who believes in Greys?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Vice Admiral

I'd just hope that anyone out there would wait until the time is right to pop in and say "hello." Then again, we can't be that interesting... yet.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerhanner View Post
I'd just hope that anyone out there would wait until the time is right to pop in and say "hello." Then again, we can't be that interesting... yet.
Sounds like the Vulcan approach.

For all we know until know about interstellar travel since Einstein and the density of life out there, it would be a museum like trip due to time dilation for the species that wants to visit us. They travel 100 light-years with nearly light speed and need let's say 1 month, yet one their homeworld 100 years have passed. But again, that's only based on the very little we know about the universe.

Hoping that the Vulcans will change their first contact policy and say hello before we develop warp drive can't be wrong though

Last edited by horatio : 08-14-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Commander

I think well learn more in years to come. psychics say they will start to reveal more in a few years.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Commander

It looks like I'm in the minority in my not believeng that there are currently "visitors" coming to earth.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:15 AM
Ensign

I can`t remember ( I saw a site about the different types of aliens AGES ago)..Are Grays the good "Guys" or the Bad " Guys"???..This site was great explained the different types,Greys,Nordics,etc, and their purpose ...GRR! If only I could remember!
Old 08-15-2008, 03:38 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
I wonder? Humans have shown a remarkable ability to adapt to sudden 'shocking' news, tragedies, disasters, etc.

I think much of the reaction would depend on HOW the news was broken: scientists and gov officials holding a news conference with evidence/photos, or a dozen UFOs appear in the skies around the world.

It might be that some people or groups would react strongly to the news, especially if it 'contradicts' any of their convictions or beliefs.

But would such a revelation be merely information or would it actually affect people's daily lives. A different example: if they announce tomorrow that fossilized evidence of life or tiny microbes were found on Mars, that would be huge scientific news... but would people really run amok in the streets after hearing it?

There would already seem to be a sizeable portion of the world population that would simply respond to news of alien life with "I knew it!"

Hard to tell, since such news would be unprecedented in our history. It would certainly make for 'interesting' times, to be sure!
But goverment decide these things not the average citizen, sadly. Also if there;s exploitable technology avilible from these aliens, all the more reason to keep them quiet.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:09 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
I think it would create a panic if the general poulation knew for a fact that ET's were very real, if it could be proven, that is.

thats who took the melons out of my garden!!!!!!! l ol
Old 08-15-2008, 04:18 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenden freeze View Post
thats who took the melons out of my garden!!!!!!! l ol
Aliens eat fake fruit, film at 11!
Old 08-15-2008, 05:25 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

I can't say I really believe they exist. (No real evidence.) But you guys are welcome to believe in whatever you need to.

One of the things I find interesting about the stories concerning them is, that they are NOT what you think they are. According to most of the reports of them, what people perceive as a "gray" is, in fact, an enviromental suit. Inside is something far less cute and cuddly. IF they exist, we might be like the ancient Mayans, who, when they saw the Spanish come riding up on horses, thought that they were all one creature, like a centaur.

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
But goverment decide these things not the average citizen, sadly. Also if there;s exploitable technology avilible from these aliens, all the more reason to keep them quiet.
If a dozen shipped suddenly popped out of the sky, how would the government control that?

Also, if we have exploitable alien technology hidden away, we sure aren't doing anything impressive with it.

But if you happen to run across a strange book entitled "To Serve Man", don't bother decoding it, Z -- just run!

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!