The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > A question for the HARCORE Trekkers in here...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Ensign

Default A question for the HARCORE Trekkers in here...

This thread has probably been done in so many different ways and so many incarnations, but here's a question I'd like to put to the proper hardcore fans in relation to JJ Abrams upcoming movie...

Simply, the question is this: How do you guys FEEL about it?

How do you guys FEEL about these iconic characters being recast?

How do you guys FEEL about this new film going back to the old classic days of Trek?

How do you guys FEEL generally about this?

I for one am excited as a casual fan... but I wanna know what the devout think...
Old 08-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Vice Admiral

I Feel What You Feel LOL

Old 08-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Rear Admiral

Depends, do mean hardcore as in: person who runs around in a Starfleet uniform yelling I'm a trekkie and proud of it, or someone who knows every line of every episode by heart?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diron Hod View Post
Depends, do mean hardcore as in: person who runs around in a Starfleet uniform yelling I'm a trekkie and proud of it, or someone who knows every line of every episode by heart?

Personally, I would have to say the latter. I do not go around wearing a starfleet uniform scream "I am a Trekkie," but I can qoute most the movie, and I say about 95% of all episode except of Enterprise, I did not like that show, so I refuse to watch it again.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diron Hod View Post
Depends on how you guys want to take the question I suppose...

I'm new here, just trying to get a feel (said an actress to a bishop )
Old 08-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Vice Admiral

Well, You Need To Know, And ALOT Of Other People In This World Need To Know, Just Because You Enjoy Star Trek, And Watch It Doesn't Mean You Automatically Go Running Around In A Star Trek Uniform. When Some People Think Of Trek, They think Of Geeks. I Joined This Forum Because, Yes, I Do Enjoy Trek, But Also Out Of Interest. Not Because I Wanna Run Around In A Spock Uniform At The Premiere Of The Movie, But Because I Enjoy It. Some People Need To Know That. And ( Not To Be Harsh) Thats One Thing I Want To Bring Up. Until People Stop Running Around In Trek Suits And Stuff Like That, trek Will Become Increasingly Unpopular Among The General Public. People Needs To Look Cool Going To See The Premiere. And Until That, School Kids Will Still Roll Their Eyes At It. Because Thats How It's PRESENTED TO THEM.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatjosh View Post
Well, You Need To Know, And ALOT Of Other People In This World Need To Know, Just Because You Enjoy Star Trek, And Watch It Doesn't Mean You Automatically Go Running Around In A Star Trek Uniform. When Some People Think Of Trek, They think Of Geeks. I Joined This Forum Because, Yes, I Do Enjoy Trek, But Also Out Of Interest. Not Because I Wanna Run Around In A Spock Uniform At The Premiere Of The Movie, But Because I Enjoy It. Some People Need To Know That. And ( Not To Be Harsh) Thats One Thing I Want To Bring Up. Until People Stop Running Around In Trek Suits And Stuff Like That, trek Will Become Increasingly Unpopular Among The General Public. People Needs To Look Cool Going To See The Premiere. And Until That, School Kids Will Still Roll Their Eyes At It. Because Thats How It's PRESENTED TO THEM.
What's WitH all the RandOm caPital leTters dudE?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatjosh View Post
But some school kids(like me) are Trekkies, AHHH!!! PARADOX!!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

How do you guys FEEL about it?

Unhappy...

Slightly saddened. They're devaluing the characters by recasting... once we're onto our tenth ensemble they won't be special any more.

How do you guys FEEL about this new film going back to the old classic days of Trek?

Meh.

I hate it like Simon Pegg hates The Phantom Menace.

Which is quite a lot actually.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Rear Admiral

Simply, the question is this: How do you guys FEEL about it?

The stuff I've heard/seen so far is good.

Could be worse.

Awesome, classic Trek is the best Trek.

Really good can't wait.