The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Original Series > Lower the price
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2008, 03:15 AM
Commander

Default Lower the price

I know that CBS is coming out with the coplete series set of TOS-R in November but does anyone else feel they should lower the price of the first season set from its ridiculous $104 to something more resonable now that HD-DVD has become a defunct fromat and blueray is the accepted standard? I know I won't be buying a Toshiba HD-DVD player on ebay just to watch TOS-R season one. So really the extra disks have now become supurfluous, should we be paying an extra $50 for what essentially amounts to margianly usefull pastic disks? Especially since the other 2 season sets are between $60 nad $70 respectivley?

-Free Enterprise

Last edited by radoskal : 08-09-2008 at 03:18 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:27 AM
Fleet Admiral

Default nasty Ferengis want your latinum

It's price discrimination like with books where first expensive hardcover and then cheap paperback copies are sold to skip off the cream, i.e. to get the extra money from the people who don't want to wait. So patience pays off.
I would to the same if I ran some business
Old 08-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Lieutenant

I think too that it is worth waiting for the entire series to come out in Blu-Ray. Seeing TOS in the equivalent of 1080p will be fantastic. I hope all the previous films make it to Blu-Ray as well. And it would be nice if Paramount would put some money into touching up the video/sound on some of those early films. For example, a re-mastered TWOK would be awesome.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Admiral

I believe Amazon is selling season 1 for around $60. The second season shipped at $54.

I agree that we're being gouged, but if you check around, you can get it for far less than official list price.

Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!