The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Texts Reveal Proof of Time Travel
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Federation Councillor

Oh no!!! Here comes the Terminator now!!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Commander

wow ok first of all why woud anyone want to take a cd rom describing ancient civilizations of the mediteranean back in time to biblical days...perhaps knowing the history of the roman empire assisted the spread of christianity? Certainly didn't prevent the Egyptians from getting annexed. Wait wait wait, maybe it was to show Alexander the Great just how great he would be. I just dont get it, and also one could draw parallels like this to literally thousands of things...a roatating engraved wheel book could be...a scroll of papyrus being unrolled...sheesh.

-Free Enterprise

Last edited by radoskal : 07-29-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Fleet Admiral

What does a CD look like in a simple drawing fitting the time? A circle. Wow. So the sungods are not sungods, but CDs?

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 07-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Commander

A few other points: Because i'm having fun with this,

A. Why a CDrom from 1995. If you have time travel technology what are you doing with a CD from 1995?! Do you have any idea how many problems I have running many old Win95 programs on my XP PC?? these time travalers would need A. a portable power generator, because good luck finding an outlet in AD 12 or whenever and B. One of three things...A Pentum/Pentium pro PC and Monitor running Windows 95. Some kind of custom built computer that only runs ancient civilizations of the mediterenean....or A machine with some kind of a Universal OS that runs anything and everything.

(which would incidently be the coolest thing since Star Trek)

B. Bringing a historical document back in time to be shown around to the natives creates instant paradoxes and is fairly useless. First of all this CD would be in a language that none of these ancient civilizations could understand. If it was intended to influence history it could not do so because it is not in oh Latin or Aramaic or what have you. Even assuming one of the time travalers took the liberty of translating it its influence on historical events would be limited because as soon as the knowledge gained was applied to change history. The information would become useless since from that point on a new history would have been created, one in which the Cdrom itself would have been altered to reflect the changes that its introduction to the timeline had wrought, or one in which the Cd rom did not exist at all!

If on the other hand the CD rom was brought back in time to coroborate some kind of historical research then why would it so openly be shown to historical figures. IF IM a time travaler worried about corrupting the timeline I'm not going to sit on a rock with my PC waiting for Ezekiel to come by and write a prophecy about me and my program. THAT would in effect invalidate the research I am trying to conduct because I will be altering the flow of history.

So all in all this doesnt make a whole lot of sense...but it sure is fun to discuss.

-Free Enterprise

Last edited by radoskal : 07-29-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Vice Admiral

I think I time-travelled at the Dead show in Albany in '93... at least, I'm pretty sure I saw Zardoz there and he was muttering something about Australia and CD's... heavy stuff.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:30 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerhanner View Post
I think I time-travelled at the Dead show in Albany in '93... at least, I'm pretty sure I saw Zardoz there and he was muttering something about Australia and CD's... heavy stuff.
That was after I had to frisk you extensively for any good contraband...ok...I just liked the frisking!!
Old 07-30-2008, 04:27 AM
Banned

I also heard that the Apostle John was shown a copy of tim burtons batman and two episodes of married with children when he wrote revelation.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:47 AM
Federation Councillor

Can I go back in time and find my Pearl Jam cd?
Old 07-30-2008, 04:54 AM
Banned

Sure but remember that one small thing can mean that you never have a career in movies.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:56 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Farnsworth View Post
Sure but remember that one small thing can mean that you never have a career in movies.
Unless it's time travel movie....

Don Fransworth and Zardoz in the fall's most anticpated comedy, "Dude Let's Get My CD back From Ancient Egypt." Coming this fall.