The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Will There Be A Game Tie-In?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post Will There Be A Game Tie-In?

I think it's a foregone conclusion there will be some kind of game, personally my prediction is a FPS for the Wii...
Old 01-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Midshipman

If there was a game tie-in, I think it'd be cool for it to be a moddable PC game. Afterall, that is what I do

Plus there's probably gonna be new Star Trek fans and so, new modders and gamers.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Ensign

I haven't heard anything but it would be great if they did do a game.
Space the final frontier; these are the continuing voyages of the Starship Enterprise, her on going mission, to explore strange new worlds to seek out new life-forms and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:12 PM
Midshipman

I hope there is a game tie-in! I'm not a PC gamer anymore though - prefer something on XBOX 360.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Ensign

Default Rts Please!

Okay, as far as ST games go, i've got to say that Armada II reigns supreme, with Starfleet Command in second place... I'd like to see a good character-driven one which we haven't really seen but could be done well with some of the newer systems... although, RTS games are really the best kind, if we have some kind of war/conflict as the center of the film, it could be easy to see an RTS that figures that conflict in prominently..

I guess just getting outside of fighting starships-- which are freak'in cool, don't get me wrong, just a little overdone in the genre-- would be nice for the next Star Trek videogame.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Lieutenant

I surely hope they don't give some rights to come cracker jack company and push out a video game in time for the movie release just to make a quick buck... in most cases, all video games that are intended to be pushed out like that are just horrible...
Old 01-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Ensign

Post Anyone Heard of Whats Happening With STAR TREK ONLINE MMO?

Hey Guys / Gals:

Has anyone heard of what's happening with STAR TREK ONLINE MMO? I heard about *cough* un-named company *cough* having had problems and the development of it is stopped at the moment...I was so looking forward to this game...ugghh...lol.

TC
Old 01-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCJones View Post
Hey Guys / Gals:

Has anyone heard of what's happening with STAR TREK ONLINE MMO? I heard about *cough* un-named company *cough* having had problems and the development of it is stopped at the moment...I was so looking forward to this game...ugghh...lol.

TC
I don't think anyone knows yet... the www.startrekonline.com website is gone, besides the emblem in the middle... But yeah, I was really looking forward to it too. Now we're going to have to wait a couple extra years for it...
Old 01-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Ensign

@CoW mAn: From what JJ Abrams said so far it#s pretty sure that there will be a video game rip of the movie. Of course he did not say it clearly (what does he ever?) but between the lines it has been pretty obvious that he really would like to go for that option.

@TCJones: That's just it at the moment. STO is gone for good. If anyone should pick it up again we all can be happy, but there is currently noone in the gaming industry who is willing to buy the code produced by Perpetual so far.

TrekWar (International), Star Trek: The Journey (German)
Old 01-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Ensign

Any game based on this movie will be awful. There is not enough screen time, not enough back story to flesh out any of the principle races or conflicts, etc. Nothing to set the scene fully that will allow one to create an experience that is of that vision of the Trek universe in this movie. Some sort of lame FPS with Star Trek 0 stuff lain over it will not satisfy anyone in the least.