The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Games/Toys > Games/Toys > The U.S.S Gorkon OOC plot development and discussion thread.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Commander

Default The U.S.S Gorkon OOC plot development and discussion thread.

Hi everyone, radoskal here. In an effort to bring some cohesion and sense into the explosion of diverging plot elements that formed within the first few days of the U.S.S Gorkon RP I have decided to start this thread where we can discuss where we want to take the adventures of the U.S.S Gorkon. Since we realy don't have any moderators that provide basic plot structure for our role playing group. (Unless someone wants to volounteer) I consider it vital to discuss basic plot elements before the group embarks on their grand adventure. Otherwise we may very quickly end up in a situation where the Gorkon is fighting off a borg invasion while chasing down renegade romulans, combating a plauge on a nerby federation colony and throwing a birthday party for captain Zardos all at once. While this may seem grand at first it could easily boil over into unmanagable chaos. I'm not trying to limit anyones creativity mind you. I just think we should strive for cohesive storylines that everyone can get involved in wheather they check the forum hourly daily or whenever

Here are some plotlines I would personaly like to explore in the series. Since the Gorkon is in the Gamma Quadrant we will likley be encountering the Dominion. Or whatever it has become. How has the loss of the Dominion war affected the Dominion? What has the introduction of Odo and his life experience done to the great link and how has it impacted the founders, the vorta? the Jem'Hadar? How are the Jem'Hadar dealing with the legacy of the first lost war in Dominion history? Do they still view the fouders as gods or are their doubts despite their genetic predispositions. Perhaps civil war has torn the Dominion assunder as many see the founders being corrupted by Odo and seek to assert their own races strength emerging as the new masters of Dominion space. There are thousands of possibilities here alone for complex and entertaining storytelling.

#2 Is the Dominion the only major power in the quadrant, what other races are out there and what are they like/ what is their agenda.

#3 Durring the Dominion war colonization efforts by the Federation like those on New Bajor were agressivley combated by the Dominion. Is the Federation once again seeking to establish colonies in the Gamma Quadrant? If so where? How are they faring and what problems do they face.

Just a few ideas to toss out there for what to do. As far as managing the plot goes perhaps we could do a weekly round robbin type of thing where one person begins the plot of an episode other characters add to it and inteact within it's context building the story within the outlined framework, adding subplots and so on, untill the episode reaches a conclusion and then someone else starts a new epiosde either related to or diferent from the previous one.

Just a few ideas to make the game go smoothly and fun for everyone, thoughts suggestions? Forgive me if I trampled on someones admin toes here.

-Free Enterprise
Old 07-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Vice Admiral

Actually, I Have Built a Separate Site For The RPG. It Has A Forum, And You Have To Be A Member. You Can Register At www.ussgorkon.webs.com
Josh

Old 07-21-2008, 05:51 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by radoskal View Post
Hi everyone, radoskal here. In an effort to bring some cohesion and sense into the explosion of diverging plot elements that formed within the first few days of the U.S.S Gorkon RP I have decided to start this thread where we can discuss where we want to take the adventures of the U.S.S Gorkon. Since we realy don't have any moderators that provide basic plot structure for our role playing group. (Unless someone wants to volounteer) I consider it vital to discuss basic plot elements before the group embarks on their grand adventure. Otherwise we may very quickly end up in a situation where the Gorkon is fighting off a borg invasion while chasing down renegade romulans, combating a plauge on a nerby federation colony and throwing a birthday party for captain Zardos all at once. While this may seem grand at first it could easily boil over into unmanagable chaos. I'm not trying to limit anyones creativity mind you. I just think we should strive for cohesive storylines that everyone can get involved in wheather they check the forum hourly daily or whenever

Here are some plotlines I would personaly like to explore in the series. Since the Gorkon is in the Gamma Quadrant we will likley be encountering the Dominion. Or whatever it has become. How has the loss of the Dominion war affected the Dominion? What has the introduction of Odo and his life experience done to the great link and how has it impacted the founders, the vorta? the Jem'Hadar? How are the Jem'Hadar dealing with the legacy of the first lost war in Dominion history? Do they still view the fouders as gods or are their doubts despite their genetic predispositions. Perhaps civil war has torn the Dominion assunder as many see the founders being corrupted by Odo and seek to assert their own races strength emerging as the new masters of Dominion space. There are thousands of possibilities here alone for complex and entertaining storytelling.

#2 Is the Dominion the only major power in the quadrant, what other races are out there and what are they like/ what is their agenda.

#3 Durring the Dominion war colonization efforts by the Federation like those on New Bajor were agressivley combated by the Dominion. Is the Federation once again seeking to establish colonies in the Gamma Quadrant? If so where? How are they faring and what problems do they face.

Just a few ideas to toss out there for what to do. As far as managing the plot goes perhaps we could do a weekly round robbin type of thing where one person begins the plot of an episode other characters add to it and inteact within it's context building the story within the outlined framework, adding subplots and so on, untill the episode reaches a conclusion and then someone else starts a new epiosde either related to or diferent from the previous one.

Just a few ideas to make the game go smoothly and fun for everyone, thoughts suggestions? Forgive me if I trampled on someones admin toes here.

Another thing I've noticed is some of the sudden pop up plot things are resolved in one post by the person who started it thats not much fun for everyone else. We should give everyone a chance to respond to a situation who would be involved in it.
just my 2 pennies.
Founding member of The League of Extraordinary Oddballs
A new tech support site http://www.community.jvgeek.com
Old 07-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Admiral

HEY RP GANG! Wanted to say Im having a blast everyone is doing a great job! Hope everyone is having fun!
Founding member of The League of Extraordinary Oddballs
A new tech support site http://www.community.jvgeek.com
Old 07-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Commander

yeah i love it . its our never ending episode.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Rear Admiral

The story is getting good
Old 07-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Rear Admiral

Quick question: Is the mirror garak dead?
I forgot.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Banned

He is yes. Is it too late to join in?
What parts have been taken?

Last edited by Chroniton : 08-03-2008 at 09:59 AM. Reason: parts
Old 08-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Rear Admiral

No, it's not too late to join, and I just saw the episode, but you never see him actually die.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chroniton View Post
What parts have been taken?
Security chief is open,I was a spy and left so you can take my place. I don't know what else there is.