The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > The Official Site has been updated. Check it out!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2008, 05:41 AM
Midshipman

If only they can get these wallpapers of the rest of the crew so we can see how they look compared to the original actors.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Fleet Admiral

First, hooray for updates to the site. I did like the black design, but clearly that's not where these new poster designs are going, so I can see it makes sense that a new look has arrived (given how the 4 posters fit together).

Though it's a bit funny: "when will get new stuff?" "why isn't the site being updated?" Oh, look new material and the site is updated! "I don't like the changes!" Not making fun of anyone, just noting the humor in begging for change, then some being jarred by it when it is given to us.

The Shipyard site is still online (in black), but true I don't find a link to it anymore from the OS. Then again, the viral site link wasn't available when the OS first debuted either -- let's give it time to develop. My guess: they'll relink the viral site when updates to it are coming. That or they're also going to give that the new design too but first things first.

At any rate, thanks to Blue, Red, Yellow and any other 'shirts' reading along (you too, JJ!). Cheers, mates!

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 07-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Midshipman

I-M-O i dont really like the white background its to bright the black looked alot better and i really wouldnt call that a update its the same trailer
Old 07-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Fleet Admiral

Well, it certainly is an update since official downloads are now available. Not a complete overhaul of the site of course, but updated to be sure.

Speaking of the download updates, did you notice...?

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 07-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Midshipman

personaly i thought it already had some sort of download on there when it first came out
Old 07-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Midshipman

Looks like the scheduled release date has changed. Why don't they offer any commentaries by the cast like Lucas did for Star Wars? I think every movie should have a thorough site like Starwars.com was for the new trilogy. Well perhaps just important movies that have such a huge fan base like Star Trek does. Perhaps they hate us and Lucas loves us. oh well.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

This trailer is quite a bit different than the one I had seen before...more shots of the ship....but I like it...the mor ethe better.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Rear Admiral

I thought the opener to the old site made it much more dramatic, and the dark background made it much more fitting with the unknowns of the movie. I enjoyed the warping effect on the delta logo, and the layout.

It is nice to see that Paramount is updating the site though, and I like some of the new features.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Rear Admiral

Okay, I just watched the trailer, and it's no different in the important sense. now the Level1 entertainment logo flashes at the end. whoohoo. I can't find the link to the 1701 shipyard either... Oh no!

Old 07-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Ensign

this is sad - an announcement of an update and all you get are halfbaked pics and a white background???

wake me up when the movie starts...